Matts Off Road Recovery. v.earth swallowed a jeep

Oman4x4

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2004
Dubai / Oman / Saudi Arabia
you want the controller company?

we're considering doing it for a UTV swap. unlimited short course UTV it would be untouchable if we can get the traction.

Good to know. I was more thinking a Tesla powered land yacht some day would make a lot of sense.

A UTV with that much power would be insane :rofl: What do the rules say about a 6x6 UTV? :rofl:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
thanks to you assholes youtube thinks I like this guy now :rofl:

holy shit balls he really put a dynamic rope at the end of 150' of cable. that is the most reckless thing i've seen him do so far. please note: the customer was smart enough to use a soft shackle to connect the 2 ropes together.

this dude triggers the fuck outta me :mad: this is my melt thread.

Reactions: Ramathorn15

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Good to know. I was more thinking a Tesla powered land yacht some day would make a lot of sense.

A UTV with that much power would be insane :rofl: What do the rules say about a 6x6 UTV? :rofl:

i wouldn't want the weight. batteries are heavy enough as it is.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

holy shit balls he really put a dynamic rope at the end of 150' of cable. that is the most reckless thing i've seen him do so far. please note: the customer was smart enough to use a soft shackle to connect the 2 ropes together.

watch 10 videos aboot puppies, he'll be gone

• Haha
Reactions: whatever

bubbaZR2

i poop too much, then i get tired...
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
New Mexico
I just hate how miserable he is all the time. "What a terrible place to camp. What a stupid car. What a horrible place to go off roading."

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway

what kind of demon spawn hell child is this

rF6b5KO.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: whatever

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
gonna go to moab, rent a Traverse AWD, slap a @whatever MELTS sticker on it, purposefully get my rental Traverse stuck in the mud, call AAA and request WINDSOR towing and hope Matt uses a jockstrap as a recovery tool and hope he records it with Ed and the boys

• Haha
Reactions: bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2

i poop too much, then i get tired...
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
New Mexico
gonna go to moab, rent a Traverse AWD, slap a @whatever MELTS sticker on it, purposefully get my rental Traverse stuck in the mud, call AAA and request WINDSOR towing and hope Matt uses a jockstrap as a recovery tool and hope he records it with Ed and the boys

"So we got a call. Some moron in some terrible car in an awful camping area got their car stuck in the mud."

• Haha
Reactions: phat🐄

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
theres a few videos where he says that alot of people give him shit about the way he recovers stuff, but also says hes been doing it a decade and never had an issue with his rigjobs :dunno:

its never an issue until it is. some poor sap is gona take his recovery hitch to the head and the estate will own a shitty yellow xj and a high vis.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

finally watched

he wasnt pulling alot to get that bus out, hardly any resistance...one of the least aggregious (sp) things hes done

i like how he drove the 2wd xj out :bowdown: i was that guy at the mine that would get guys' trucks goin again when they thought they were stuck....dont be a pussy, fucking floor it youll make it :bowdown:

and oilfield tanker, ive backed down a hill 3x to try again so i didnt have to chain up :bowdown:

i chain up after 3rd try though :sad2:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
finally watched

he wasnt pulling alot to get that bus out, hardly any resistance...one of the least aggregious (sp) things hes done

i like how he drove the 2wd xj out :bowdown: i was that guy at the mine that would get guys' trucks goin again when they thought they were stuck....dont be a pussy, fucking floor it youll make it :bowdown:

and oilfield tanker, ive backed down a hill 3x to try again so i didnt have to chain up :bowdown:

i chain up after 3rd try though :sad2:

i agree it was fine for that. his willingness to do it on bigger pulls is my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529