CAR mazda 3 hatch crew?

steviebeast

OT Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Chicago, IL
still on the hunt for an AWD hatch. drove a regal tourX last week and didnt love it. never been in a mazda 3 hatch and not sure i totally love the look, but i've been reading rave reviews. any owners here or any other recommendations for awd hatches or wagons? trying to keep budget around 30

g4y4iznh55951.jpg

sams0n

$
Oct 7, 2004
Daly City, CA
i'm considering the turbo but havent test driven it. the negatives i've seen seem to be some people don't like that the engine is tuned for torque (320 tq iirc) and runs out of steam at high rpms. It uses a traditional 6 speed auto instead of dsg or manual. It is more of a premium, comfortable car instead of a hot hatch like the old mazdaspeed 3.

Reactions: steviebeast
TS
TS
steviebeast

steviebeast

OT Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Chicago, IL
i'm considering the turbo but havent test driven it. the negatives i've seen seem to be some people don't like that the engine is tuned for torque (320 tq iirc) and runs out of steam at high rpms. It uses a traditional 6 speed auto instead of dsg or manual. It is more of a premium, comfortable car instead of a hot hatch like the old mazdaspeed 3.
fine by me, looking for a bit more premium feel with some of the utility of a hatch

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
ok i have been summoned

so i've had my first production run 2019 AWD 2.5 preferred hatch for a little under 2 years now...overall it's probably the best "normal" car i've owned tbh. i get around 27mpg combined which is good considering i lay the law down at every stoplight. AWD is good too, no slippage in wet weather, i've never driven it in snow because i work from home due to the wuhu flu and last year it didn't snow at all in my area. i presume it's fine since it's the same system as the CX-5.

interior wise it's great, no squeaks, rattles, etc - even after a windshield replacement. everything works well, no issues with stuff shitting out like i've had in other cars. only complaints so far are the multitude of recalls on crap, which is probably due to me buying literally the first shipment of them off the boat.

i paid under invoice for mine, there's plenty of good deals on the regular NA ones - even when it was the newest compact. i leased mine but i'm purchasing it outright when the lease comes due in a few months because my residual is $15,XXX and i can't find a better value car for that price point that's this new/low mileage etc.

mine:
wJOBXDr.jpg

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
Interested to know if @Havsie likes the infotainment system. No touch screen, just a wheel and buttons iirc. Reviews were mixed on the youtube videos i saw
it's fine, you get used to it really quick cause you can just scroll through quickly without actually looking at it...you also wouldn't be able to use a touchscreen with the screen placement. it's pretty deep set into the dash, you'd have to really reach over to touch it.

the ONLY complaint i have with the infotainment is that you can't easily change channels on the radio, you have to do a 2 step process for some retarded reason - i feel like they overlooked it or something, i have no idea. maybe the 20-21-22 ones have that fixed?

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
i think the biggest thing is how SOLID it feels...coming from a corolla it's night and day. interior quality wise is pretty close to my buddy's M2 as well, which is a good comparison since mazda attempted to go upmarket to the base model poverty $299/mo lease luxury car interiors.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Wife has a 14 S Touring 2.5L Hatch. It's been the best little car. Honestly zero complaints.

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
ok i have been summoned

so i've had my first production run 2019 AWD 2.5 preferred hatch for a little under 2 years now...overall it's probably the best "normal" car i've owned tbh. i get around 27mpg combined which is good considering i lay the law down at every stoplight. AWD is good too, no slippage in wet weather, i've never driven it in snow because i work from home due to the wuhu flu and last year it didn't snow at all in my area. i presume it's fine since it's the same system as the CX-5.

interior wise it's great, no squeaks, rattles, etc - even after a windshield replacement. everything works well, no issues with stuff shitting out like i've had in other cars. only complaints so far are the multitude of recalls on crap, which is probably due to me buying literally the first shipment of them off the boat.

i paid under invoice for mine, there's plenty of good deals on the regular NA ones - even when it was the newest compact. i leased mine but i'm purchasing it outright when the lease comes due in a few months because my residual is $15,XXX and i can't find a better value car for that price point that's this new/low mileage etc.

mine:
wJOBXDr.jpg
How does ot always manage to pay less than the cost to build it lmao

I have a 15 and theres a delay when you step on the gas and when you feel power. Mad annoying

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
i plan on testing the turbo, was gonna make a thread on it to see if anyone else has driven one

dunno if it's really worth the premium or not though, probably just better off keeping the NA one cause it's completely adequate with 185hp anyways and i'd rather save my pennies for a more dedicated "fast" car whenever i find something that catches my eye in the 50k or less price point

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
How does ot always manage to pay less than the cost to build it lmao
the salesman i went to is in the same miata club as me so we went to the newly renovated mazda dealership bathroom and i blew his back out and made him squeal and then he gave me a good discount

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
The interior is extremely good.
View attachment 101663
I've heard from multiple sources that mazda basically has the best interior across the entire range of "entry" level vehicles these days.

The only reason I didn't get a CX5 and instead went with a Forester this last Saturday is because I plan on modifying it to do some offroading and the CX5 doesn't have basically any OEM's making parts that'll facilitate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor