meanwhile in alaska

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
That dude is out of his mind, Moose are mean and that one, even though it's not THAT large, could have killed him before he had a chance to do anything.

I lived in alaska in my early teens and being late for school because "there was a moose in my yard" was an acceptable excuse. We once had a big female walk up who's head was about level with the bottom of the second floor balcony. Fuck messing with something like that.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
yeah there's no combating that :rofl:
You really just can't get how big they can get by seeing them in pictures or videos. :rofl:

I still remember seeing this giant taxidermied one and thinking "there's no way that's to scale", then I saw one in person that size and realized how wrong I was.

Wolves have to resort to endurance harassment methods to bring them down and unless the moose is dying or already injured there's a good chance they'll lose.

Weirdly enough the only animal, other than man, that can take down a full grown moose on its own is the Orca.

They get them when they swim between islands. :noes:

• Wow
Reactions: jr.mac42

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
You really just can't get how big they can get by seeing them in pictures or videos. :rofl:

I still remember seeing this giant taxidermied one and thinking "there's no way that's to scale", then I saw one in person that size and realized how wrong I was.

Wolves have to resort to endurance harassment methods to bring them down and unless the moose is dying or already injured there's a good chance they'll lose.

Weirdly enough the only animal, other than man, that can take down a full grown moose on its own is the Orca.

Yeah they're mammoth beasts. I've seen them in the wild.

A few years ago, there was a black bear, in heat, that swam from the mainland (Lummi Island area is where they suspected) alllllll the way out to Orcas Island. The locals were freaking out as there are no predators in the San Juans, except for trash pandas. They ended up catching it and returning it to the mainland, but man.. what a situation that caused.

I only say that because Orcas are all over the place out here. Had a pod pop up around my boat during twilight when I stopped in Spieden Channel.. it was awesome.. probably a once in a lifetime kinda thing.

• Wow
Reactions: amalgamas

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
always cracks me up reading about drunk mooses fucking shit up

NoOneYouKnow

Mar 24, 2016
The house that hate built.

I've seen one bear (+2 cubs) and one moose in the wild.

The moose cut a far more imposing figure given its height. If the bear stood up this would have changed...but if the bear stands up it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman