Mechanic's lean

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by crazy__mike, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. crazy__mike

    crazy__mike Guest

    Does anyone know about a mechanics lean on cars. Do you have to have a legal shop that is open to the public or can anyone do it. What does it cost and how do I go about doing it. I need to change that title over to my name and I don't want to pay any tax's on it, or as little tax's as I can get.
  2. Viserys

    Viserys Guest

    Like a gangsta lean?

  3. crazy__mike

    crazy__mike Guest


    Okay no, Like getting a car that you did some work on and you want to get paid for it. My friend gave me the car, but she doesn't have the title.
  4. Viserys

    Viserys Guest

    go ask the DMV. They will have the answer.
  5. crazy__mike

    crazy__mike Guest

    I did, but I’m not liking the answer. I was wondering if there was a way around it. An easier way. I have to wait 30 days, plus have insurance on it. That to me seems like a pain in the ass, then I have to send off a certified letter and have the owner not open so I can get that same letter back again.

    But thanks for the help,
    If anyone has done this before is it worth all the trouble, what fee’s do I have to pay.


Share This Page