Meet the Men Paying Six Figures to Get Taller---by Having Their Legs Broken

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
I don't think most women have a 6' threshold. I'm 5'4 and would look at men 5'8 and up. Below that is pushing it because heels and shallow.
The way I heard one woman put it was, "I need to be able to wear 3" heels and still look up at him". And I've heard it said many times that no woman wants to be larger/taller than their man. The women in question wanted the security of the man being larger, just on the mental side of things.

Having said that, one on hand, I feel for those guys. That's a chunk of money to burn over what essentially amounts to your ego. On the other hand, if it makes them feel better, be more confident, and they don't ruin themselves in terms of being over-leveraged, then more power to them.

Reactions: Buzz Killington

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'll not lie, I thought about doing this when I was younger.

Thanks to some injuries I sustained when I was 13 my legs didn't grow right and while I have the torso of a tall person I've got the legs of a short guy, which got me 5'11" when I was in my 20's and lost me an inch when I got fat.

I knew about it because I'd seen them do it in Gattaca. :rofl:

My brother conversely didn't have those injuries and he's 6'2", so that's a pretty good indication of how tall I'd have been if my legs had continued to grow as they should have. :rofl:

These days I don't really give a shit, I'm definitely not going to spend the money on that when I've got way more important things to spend it on, especially after all other surgeries I've had on my left knee over the years. Done with recovery and PT if I can help it. :o

Next time I'm getting surgery on that leg is going to be full knee replacement when I'm in my late-40's most likely from what the doctors tell me, and I'm sure as fuck not looking forward to that. :hsd:

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I heard about this on a Discovery Channel documentary twenty years ago, and remember thinking how awesome it would be because I was a short scrawny kid.

Now I’m 5’6 as an adult but nobody gives a shit plus as a car enthusiast it’s not good to be tall, as most sports/exotic cars are small af:rofl:

As for women, I just never dated one taller than me. My wife is 4’10, so that worked out perfectly.

Reactions: Scottwax and Wolf

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I heard about this on a Discovery Channel documentary twenty years ago, and remember thinking how awesome it would be because I was a short scrawny kid.

Now I’m 5’6 as an adult but nobody gives a shit plus as a car enthusiast it’s not good to be tall, as most sports/exotic cars are small af:rofl:
I knew a guy back in the day, built like a tank. 6'8" and easily pushing 350lbs, all muscle, probably the most physically intimidating person I'd met in person.

You know what his greatest regret was? He LOVED tiny sports cars, dude's dream car at the time was an LS swapped miata, it was even his background on his desktop, but he knew there was no way he'd ever be able to fit in it cause even if they somehow moved the seat back to fit his tree-trunk legs his torso literally had his eyes at the roof line. :rofl2:

Dude hated that the only sports cars big enough for him were all grand touring cars or weird custom shit WELL outside of his budget.

And of course his daily driver was a truck, cause that was comfortable.

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
I knew a guy back in the day, built like a tank. 6'8" and easily pushing 350lbs, all muscle, probably the most physically intimidating person I'd met in person.

You know what his greatest regret was? He LOVED tiny sports cars, dude's dream car at the time was an LS swapped miata, it was even his background on his desktop, but he knew there was no way he'd ever be able to fit in it cause even if they somehow moved the seat back to fit his tree-trunk legs his torso literally had his eyes at the roof line. :rofl2:

Dude hated that the only sports cars big enough for him were all grand touring cars or weird custom shit WELL outside of his budget.

And of course his daily driver was a truck, cause that was comfortable.
Why do you think i like hellcats, and i aint even that big like your boy

Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I wonder if, after say 18 months, if you contacted them - would they be much happier, or would they be bitching about something else?
Some of them would be much happier, the majority of them would find something new to complain about, and some of them would already be looking into more surgery because they have body dysmorphia and that's sadly more common than people realize.

Reactions: Scottwax

OT Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
FL
The way I heard one woman put it was, "I need to be able to wear 3" heels and still look up at him". And I've heard it said many times that no woman wants to be larger/taller than their man. The women in question wanted the security of the man being larger, just on the mental side of things.

Having said that, one on hand, I feel for those guys. That's a chunk of money to burn over what essentially amounts to your ego. On the other hand, if it makes them feel better, be more confident, and they don't ruin themselves in terms of being over-leveraged, then more power to them.

And that 'mental side of things' is still largely a biobehavioral inclination. It's not like women prefer taller guys just because society deems it desirable. It's innate.

Reactions: obscure/renegade

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ

I've dated a couple of 6'+ women in my early 30's and it was interesting to see their take on it.

Both of them had big problems with that type of mentality in their teens/early 20's leading to a lot of issues, cause they wanted a man who was taller than them and the dating field for them was already small, then you run into the issue of guys being tall enough might not want to date a woman that tall. Then when they decided to open the dating pool up a little bit and start accepting shorter men they would run into a different problem: guys who either fetishize them looking for a "mommy dom" type thing, or guys that are "settling" but still retain a huge chip on their shoulder about the the fact that their SO is taller than them.

So you have two completely opposite ends of the spectrum there when they open up the dating pool, one is always going to be awful, and the other will be awful if you're not into that type of thing.

I remember the first one I dated came in with a bunch of weird questions right out of the gate and I could tell she'd had problems with that, things that looking back made me realize she'd probably gotten a lot of shit from insecure guys in the past over her height. One time she legit was scared to show she was excited to try on a pair of boots with a 2" heel to them, and I'm sitting here thinking "what fucking chud yelled at you for that type of thing in the past? :ugh: "

TS
TS
rcm

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I've dated a couple of 6'+ women in my early 30's and it was interesting to see their take on it.

Both of them had big problems with that type of mentality in their teens/early 20's leading to a lot of issues, cause they wanted a man who was taller than them and the dating field for them was already small, then you run into the issue of guys being tall enough might not want to date a woman that tall. Then when they decided to open the dating pool up a little bit and start accepting shorter men they would run into a different problem: guys who either fetishize them looking for a "mommy dom" type thing, or guys that are "settling" but still retain a huge chip on their shoulder about the the fact that their SO is taller than them.

So you have two completely opposite ends of the spectrum there when they open up the dating pool, one is always going to be awful, and the other will be awful if you're not into that type of thing.

I remember the first one I dated came in with a bunch of weird questions right out of the gate and I could tell she'd had problems with that, things that looking back made me realize she'd probably gotten a lot of shit from insecure guys in the past over her height. One time she legit was scared to show she was excited to try on a pair of boots with a 2" heel to them, and I'm sitting here thinking "what fucking chud yelled at you for that type of thing in the past? :ugh: "
In for tall woman to choke me out with her thighs

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
In for tall woman to choke me out with her thighs
giphy.gif

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
:dunno:

Do chicks really care how tall a guy is?

JFC that is extreme man
Generally if you are the same height or a fuzz taller it's an irrelevant metric if you have something else to bring to the table. If your only personality marker is "noticably tall" then you're gunna do worse than a 5'7 guy that's funny.

Cliffs: don't be a spaz and don't have 0 personality and you'll do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026