Meet the Men Paying Six Figures to Get Taller---by Having Their Legs Broken

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
I did go on a date with a guy from early days of online dating. His profile said 5'6", which was fine and I wasn't worried about it, I wore flats (I'm 5'7"). Got there and dude was more like 5'3" and I was insulted that he lied about it. Wondered what else he would lie about.
I thought I could still have fun on the date, maybe he was funny or smart. Went back to his apartment to play video games and while I was loading into game he got right in my face and tried to kiss me. TWICE. Then I had to leave.
He was not funny or smart. He did improv and showed me his "performances". :yikes:
He didn't even play video games (which was one of my ice breakers online since I'm an introvert). He just lived with someone who had an XBOX.
And TBH I was a legit snack back then. Very chill, kind and easy to be around. Not a 10 but definitely not a 5.
He was a liar and a creep. His personality was garbage.

Now imagine your a woman attempting to online date and every single date you go on has some variant extremes of this.
Over time you grow desensitized to the bullshit and have to filter.
I love adventure and travel! Lives in a trailer. No job.
I take my physical health very seriously and training for a career in law enforcement. Super angry and hostile to everyone. Wants to fight. Might be a murderer.
(These are real dates I had)

TS
TS
rcm

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I did go on a date with a guy from early days of online dating. His profile said 5'6", which was fine and I wasn't worried about it, I wore flats (I'm 5'7"). Got there and dude was more like 5'3" and I was insulted that he lied about it. Wondered what else he would lie about.
I thought I could still have fun on the date, maybe he was funny or smart. Went back to his apartment to play video games and while I was loading into game he got right in my face and tried to kiss me. TWICE. Then I had to leave.
He was not funny or smart. He did improv and showed me his "performances". :yikes:
He didn't even play video games (which was one of my ice breakers online since I'm an introvert). He just lived with someone who had an XBOX.
And TBH I was a legit snack back then. Very chill, kind and easy to be around. Not a 10 but definitely not a 5.

Now imagine your a woman attempting to online date and every single date you go on has some variant extremes of this.
I take my physical health very seriously and training for a career in law enforcement. Super angry and hostile to everyone. Wants to fight. Might be a murderer.
Pics of your snack days?

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
Generally if you are the same height or a fuzz taller it's an irrelevant metric if you have something else to bring to the table. If your only personality marker is "noticably tall" then you're gunna do worse than a 5'7 guy that's funny.

Cliffs: don't be a spaz and don't have 0 personality and you'll do fine.
I'm 6'3 , I just never thought that my height really mattered much.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ

What fucking world are we living in that THIS is something people lie about now? :rofl2:

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ

Both genders experience these types of dates very regularly.

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
Both genders experience these types of dates very regularly.
I'm sure, of course.
But do you tend to worry that your bad date will throw you in a trunk and dismember you?
Or better case maybe just turn into one of those nice guys?
Stalk you? Come into your job and get hysterical in front of your coworkers? (Maybe yes, applicable for both men and women)

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I'm sure, of course.
But do you tend to worry that your bad date will throw you in a trunk and dismember you?
Stalk you? Come into your job and get hysterical in front of your coworkers? (Maybe yes, applicable for both men and women)
Yeah I've had all those sorts of dates before. It happens to both genders

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
That's even stranger then that he lied about it. :confused:

He must've been really angling for that "easy to please nerdy girl aesthetic", which is definitely a red flag.
IT IS STRANGE.
Me as a young ho, open to experiences and different types of people. Fair shot.
Dating is not Kobayashi Maru.
Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be. Just be honest. And not all dating is set by app filters.

Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
hmmmm, does this mean I can make my dick bigger if I break it? :hmm:
IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU SAY THAT

Cause the only "legit" dick extension surgery does involve cutting the suspensory ligament that attaches the penis to the pubic bone, which can get you as much as an inch (in appearance, not reality).

The downside is your dick isn't actually longer, it just looks longer, and now during sex it won't be anywhere near as stable, so you open yourself up to a boner break and priapisms :noes:

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
And that 'mental side of things' is still largely a biobehavioral inclination. It's not like women prefer taller guys just because society deems it desirable. It's innate.
I agree with you. My guess is that women would say much the same.
I've dated a couple of 6'+ women in my early 30's and it was interesting to see their take on it.

Both of them had big problems with that type of mentality in their teens/early 20's leading to a lot of issues, cause they wanted a man who was taller than them and the dating field for them was already small, then you run into the issue of guys being tall enough might not want to date a woman that tall. Then when they decided to open the dating pool up a little bit and start accepting shorter men they would run into a different problem: guys who either fetishize them looking for a "mommy dom" type thing, or guys that are "settling" but still retain a huge chip on their shoulder about the the fact that their SO is taller than them.

So you have two completely opposite ends of the spectrum there when they open up the dating pool, one is always going to be awful, and the other will be awful if you're not into that type of thing.

I remember the first one I dated came in with a bunch of weird questions right out of the gate and I could tell she'd had problems with that, things that looking back made me realize she'd probably gotten a lot of shit from insecure guys in the past over her height. One time she legit was scared to show she was excited to try on a pair of boots with a 2" heel to them, and I'm sitting here thinking "what fucking chud yelled at you for that type of thing in the past? :ugh: "
Sounds familiar. I had a friend who was 6'1 in flats, she was super attractive and she ran into this sort of shit for years. I remember her saying she didn't want to go out with dudes who looked like her son, lmao. It was rough for her.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
I'm sure, of course.
If I was going out with/dating a Latina, yes, absolutely, that is 100% a concern.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU SAY THAT

Cause the only "legit" dick extension surgery does involve cutting the suspensory ligament that attaches the penis to the pubic bone, which can get you as much as an inch (in appearance, not reality).

The downside is your dick isn't actually longer, it just looks longer, and now during sex it won't be anywhere near as stable, so you open yourself up to a boner break and priapisms :noes:
One, why do you know this, two, what the fuck.

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
Is this a serious question? It is like the #1 determinant of male attractiveness
I disagree. It is definitely the easiest to quantify preference if you're plugging something measurable in an app.
I saved you google searches on famous people.

Just on appearances and height (not suggesting anyone attempt to date any of these fools):
Tom Cruise 5'7" (probably shorter in reality)
Marky Mark 5'8"
RDJ 5'8"
Kit Harrington 5'8"
Joaquin Phoenix 5'8"
Sylvester Stallone 5'9"
Marlon Brando 5'9"
James Dean 5'7"

Even at 5'6" there are men who pull extremely attractive women and/or considered by most to be attractive:
Marc Anthony
Frankie Avalon
Mikhail Baryshnikov

And here's the nail in it:
PRINCE WAS 5'2"
I don't care who you are. You would have definitely fucked Prince.

• Haha
Reactions: DasVWBabe

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
One, why do you know this, two, what the fuck.
I know a lot of shit about a lot of weird shit :rofl:

giphy.gif

TS
TS
rcm

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I agree with you. My guess is that women would say much the same.

Sounds familiar. I had a friend who was 6'1 in flats, she was super attractive and she ran into this sort of shit for years. I remember her saying she didn't want to go out with dudes who looked like her son, lmao. It was rough for her.
2397 is a woman

i think

Reactions: 2397

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022