Meet the Men Paying Six Figures to Get Taller---by Having Their Legs Broken

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I disagree. It is definitely the easiest to quantify preference if you're plugging something measurable in an app.
I saved you google searches on famous people.

Just on appearances and height (not suggesting anyone attempt to date any of these fools):
Tom Cruise 5'7" (probably shorter in reality)
Marky Mark 5'8"
RDJ 5'8"
Kit Harrington 5'8"
Joaquin Phoenix 5'8"
Sylvester Stallone 5'9"
Marlon Brando 5'9"
James Dean 5'7"

Even at 5'6" there are men who pull extremely attractive women and/or considered by most to be attractive:
Marc Anthony
Frankie Avalon
Mikhail Baryshnikov

And here's the nail in it:
PRINCE WAS 5'2"
I don't care who you are. You would have definitely fucked Prince.
A friend of my mom's has been a costume designer for hollywood for the past 30+ years and lemme tell you, those numbers for men as reported on google that she worked with in that time are all about 1-3in high.

She has said multiple times that she fucking HATES asking men their height because they always add at least an inch, and she's gotten in serious fights with some of them threatening legal repercussions against her if she didn't change her documentation to reflect the "correct" heights in her designs. :rofl:

Another big one is Vin Diesel, who says he's 6', but according to Dwayne Johnson is probably closer to 5'10"

When they did this scene in Fast 5 they needed The Rock to stand in a goddamn hole so they could be eye to eye. :rofl2:

1663606457558.png

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
Manlet crew checking in. Legit feel sorry for these dudes thinking their lack of height is the cause for all their woes, so much that they are willing to pay tons of money to break their femurs and go through rehab with a walker just for a few inches more.

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
I'm sure, of course.
But do you tend to worry that your bad date will throw you in a trunk and dismember you?
Or better case maybe just turn into one of those nice guys?
Stalk you? Come into your job and get hysterical in front of your coworkers? (Maybe yes, applicable for both men and women)
we dont usually have to worry about the murder and dismemberment thing, but intentional sabotage of birth control, unfounded rape accusations, angry/violent ex's or bb daddies and the H-word at your job or house are all on the menu. :rofl:

djnick

wannabe dj
OT Supporter
Aug 17, 2004
fresh coast.

"A former Bumble product manager says that a majority of women on the platform tend to set a floor of 6 feet for men, which would limit their candidate pool to about 15% of the population."​

Reactions: Scottwax

Kozzy McKoz

To fuck around is human, to find out is divine
Apr 11, 2005
LIBERAL UTOPIA OF MASSACHUSETTS
I disagree. It is definitely the easiest to quantify preference if you're plugging something measurable in an app.

Just on appearances and height (not suggesting anyone attempt to date any of these fools):
Marky Mark 5'8"
RDJ 5'8"
Kit Harrington 5'8"
Joaquin Phoenix 5'8"
Sylvester Stallone 5'9"
Marlon Brando 5'9"
James Dean 5'7"

Even at 5'6" there are men who pull extremely attractive women and/or considered by most to be attractive:
Marc Anthony
Frankie Avalon
Mikhail Baryshnikov

PRINCE WAS 5'2"

These men all have ridiculous fame money and status to make up for shortness

I didn’t say *only* determinant

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Woman have been using cosmetic surgery for the longest to game the dating system, so I applaud these midgets for stepping up their game.
Honestly the west is so far behind on this game, and that's not a bad thing, you go to places like China or South Korea and basically anyone in the middle class or above has had mild to serious cosmetic surgery done just to make it in society. :sad2:

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
These men all have ridiculous fame money and status to make up for shortness

I didn’t say *only* determinant
Did they happen upon that fame, money and status in earlier life when they were...taller?
It's just an example that's easy to recognize and confirm.

I could tell you about my friend Alex who is 5'6", good looking, smart and kind - regularly dates attractive, nice women in the 5'8"+ range. But you don't know him so it has no relevance.

Mega-JC: Da Return

Special, 2 plums 4 1
Sep 7, 2001
Tacoma, Wa
I knew a guy back in the day, built like a tank. 6'8" and easily pushing 350lbs, all muscle, probably the most physically intimidating person I'd met in person.

You know what his greatest regret was? He LOVED tiny sports cars, dude's dream car at the time was an LS swapped miata, it was even his background on his desktop, but he knew there was no way he'd ever be able to fit in it cause even if they somehow moved the seat back to fit his tree-trunk legs his torso literally had his eyes at the roof line. :rofl2:

Dude hated that the only sports cars big enough for him were all grand touring cars or weird custom shit WELL outside of his budget.

And of course his daily driver was a truck, cause that was comfortable.

My shop teacher in HS was a heavy set dude, like 300lbs @ 6'3. Dude loved Miatas and owned and tracked several :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: amalgamas

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Woman have been using cosmetic surgery for the longest to game the dating system, so I applaud these midgets for stepping up their game.
Honestly, if this makes them happy, more power to them. It seems like a completely unnecessary risk to me, but it's not my body.

But in the article, 8 months later, the guy is still walking like a zombie. How long does it take for that weird gait to heal?

And it would be *so fun* to fuck with people who didn't know about the surgery and troll them into believing they were the ones that were shrinking. :mamoru:

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Honestly, if this makes them happy, more power to them. It seems like a completely unnecessary risk to me, but it's not my body.

But in the article, 8 months later, the guy is still walking like a zombie. How long does it take for that weird gate to heal?

And it would be *so fun* to fuck with people who didn't know about the surgery and troll them into believing they were the ones that were shrinking. :mamoru:
Dang those weird gates!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DasVWBabe and rcm

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
But in the article, 8 months later, the guy is still walking like a zombie. How long does it take for that weird gate to heal?
If it were my partner, I would want them to feel good in their body. But voluntarily doing this and leaving them disabled for an extended, undetermined period of time seems extremely selfish.
It is not going to magically change anything. These guys still going to be distressed at some other outside reason for not getting girl/job/boat.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ

Marky Mark 5'8"
RDJ 5'8"
Kit Harrington 5'8"
Joaquin Phoenix 5'8"
Sylvester Stallone 5'9"
Marlon Brando 5'9"
James Dean 5'7"

Marc Anthony
Frankie Avalon
Mikhail Baryshnikov

PRINCE WAS 5'2"
Tom cruise is 5'4 I dunno how much he paid to have his Google result adjusted but those bespoke heely shoes he wears don't count.

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
Tom cruise is 5'4 I dunno how much he paid to have his Google result adjusted but those bespoke heely shoes he wears don't count.
Because height is apparently so important to men that they have to turn it into a conspiracy.
Tom Cruise was still Tom Cruise showing up to people in real life and doing auditions and winning roles. He was still Tom Cruise when he married Nicole Kidman, who obviously knew how tall he was already and not based on google.
You are who you are.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Because height is apparently so important to men that they have to turn it into a conspiracy.
Tom Cruise was still Tom Cruise showing up to people in real life and doing auditions and winning roles. He was still Tom Cruise when he married Nicole Kidman, who obviously knew how tall he was already and not based on google.
You are who you are.
I don't care about height but Tom Cruise is a psychopath and deserves his ridicule.

Reactions: EMML and CPTMULLET

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026