Merry Christmas from 2020 I need a new furnace.

siflnolly

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Culver City
shit man, i don't even know how to turn on my wall furnace. I'd be afraid to accidentally blow my condo up trying to turn on the pilot light

IT2

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
My tankless water heater keeps tripping the gfi outlet. Electrician blames the plumber and the plumber blames the electrician. Went to work without showering this morning cause it would trip instantly after resetting. Only a matter of time before it starts a fire and I blow up the neighborhood.

Mr. Kitty Litter

Feelin’ generous?
Jun 3, 2004
The Metaverse
I didn't realize what was going on for a week. Lol:yikes: I got gassed kinda bad. I had symptoms, mostly confusion.im glad I'm alive
Wtf? Did you not smell the gas?

I thoUgh this utility companies add a nasty ass smell to the natural gas so you can smell it, if it leaks. Our does....smells like bad farts. :o

Reactions: Bloke

TucsonTerror

Feed someone who's hungry!
OT Supporter
Jan 29, 2005
Tucson, AZ USA
Wtf? Did you not smell the gas?

I thoUgh this utility companies add a nasty ass smell to the natural gas so you can smell it, if it leaks. Our does....smells like bad farts. :o
I think that's true across at least the lower 48. We had a leak at the meter that our tree guy found. Gas company came out and fixed it for free. Inside the house, if it's just for the pilot light, could dissipate pretty quickly and not be as noticeable I'd guess.

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
I think that's true across at least the lower 48. We had a leak at the meter that our tree guy found. Gas company came out and fixed it for free. Inside the house, if it's just for the pilot light, could dissipate pretty quickly and not be as noticeable I'd guess.
Depends on the person? Some people have more sensitive noses

TS
TS
Painkiller

Painkiller

Michael Ronaldo Cristiano
Dec 20, 2001
Earf
Did it set off your CO alarms? I was wondering if a cracked exchanger would lead to spewing of CO or just be like the open flames of a gas range:: exhaust fumes with low levels of CO
most co alarms that you buy really only register lethal amounts. 200-400ppm. I had a very small leak way under that, under 10

Reactions: DizzyEdge

SBrooks1

I Bomb Atomically
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Had to have two 60w breakers replaced the other night. My furnace had aluminum wiring and they replaced it with copper.

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
My furnace is like 19-20 years old, i need to get it replaced soon, had a company come out that was offering a buy a furnace get a free ac unit, then they said well it's not really free, think the estimate was around 8k.

TS
TS
Painkiller

Painkiller

Dec 20, 2001
Earf
My furnace is like 19-20 years old, i need to get it replaced soon, had a company come out that was offering a buy a furnace get a free ac unit, then they said well it's not really free, think the estimate was around 8k.
that's a hefty amount, but average for any big company. offering free ac :hmm: nice lol Make sure it's a half decent ac. That's how big hvac companies get you. Making you pay later down the road to upgrade

Reactions: Zimmy76

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
I didn't realize what was going on for a week. Lol:yikes: I got gassed kinda bad. I had symptoms, mostly confusion.im glad I'm alive
CO killed my maternal grandparents. It's no joke. They had a furnace problem. I usually make a thread once a year to remind people get detectors.

TS
TS
Painkiller

Painkiller

Dec 20, 2001
Earf
CO killed my maternal grandparents. It's no joke. They had a furnace problem. I usually make a thread once a year to remind people get detectors.
My grandparents had the same problem. The exhaust gas vent got clogged and it started recirculating in the house. Almost killed my grandmother, killed my grandfather after 2 weeks in the hospital.

• Sad
Reactions: Buzz Killington

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman