GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Insane news honestly. Initial reaction is pretty unfavorable though, just because of the consolidation involved with it. I personally dont care because I have a gaming PC, but if you are a dedicated PS owner this is sort of disheartening I would imagine.

Reactions: Ray Wonder

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'm torn, I want Kotick's leadership gone and buying him out and replacing him seems like the best way, even though they say they'll keep him after the sale, but he's already richer than god and I don't want him getting any more.

Also this is totally all happening due to the ActiBlizz California Lawsuit right now, their stock price has seen a 40% backslide with no signs of stopping since the suit was filed, this feels like too easy of a way out for those people who are responsible for the suit in the first place. Now they get their payout and can run away.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Wonder if they can make COD not be a huge steamy pile of shit and get it back to it's glory days?

They would need to add some spacing to their release schedule, the way the keep shitting out new versions of the series isnt helping them - vanguard sold like shit (relative to the series high). The game needs some innovation/inspired design right now.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
I'm torn, I want Kotick's leadership gone and buying him out and replacing him seems like the best way, even though they say they'll keep him after the sale, but he's already richer than god and I don't want him getting any more.

Also this is totally all happening due to the ActiBlizz California Lawsuit right now, their stock price has seen a 40% backslide with no signs of stopping since the suit was filed, this feels like too easy of a way out for those people who are responsible for the suit in the first place. Now they get their payout and can run away.

Yeah this part of it sucks too.

My biggest interest is Sony's reaction though, would love to have an ear into their next executive call

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY

sadly it was prob the only real way to get bobby out because of the way his contract was written he was getting paid a fuck ton reguardless, this might be better than simply ousting bobby as it allows MS to fully clean house from top to bottom

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
sadly it was prob the only real way to get bobby out because of the way his contract was written he was getting paid a fuck ton reguardless, this might be better than simply ousting bobby as it allows MS to fully clean house from top to bottom

Phil gets to play vanquishing hero which is sort of sour, too. I like Phil (or at least I like how he manages PR for their business line), but this move feels too monopolistic for my tastes

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
This list of games must be incomplete. It looks to mostly be just Call of Duty.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Phil gets to play vanquishing hero which is sort of sour, too. I like Phil (or at least I like how he manages PR for their business line), but this move feels too monopolistic for my tastes
yea that is concerning, its not just gaming where this is happening, all media is doing it and our gvt isnt set up to break this shit up again like it should in the years to come

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
This list of games must be incomplete. It looks to mostly be just Call of Duty.

That's just Activision's current games, remember that they also own Blizzard and either way that's not what really matters.

What they really want is the catalog, the storefront, and the subscriptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448