GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

TS
TS
rcm

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
the WoW and Overwatch fans (what remains of them) are losing it, they think this somehow ends with WoW/OW no longer being steaming piles of shit.

Like if MSFT takes over suddenly Metzen, Morhaime, and Kaplan will come back and save their games. :rofl:
I like video games, but knowing the names of video game designers is a whole other level of nerd.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I like video games, but knowing the names of video game designers is a whole other level of nerd.
Metzen wrote and directed Warcraft, Morhaime was the president/founder of Blizzard before leaving/being forced out by Activision, and Kaplan was the director and writer of Overwatch.

It's still nerdy but they're not just random devs.

Reactions: Ray Wonder

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
the WoW and Overwatch fans (what remains of them) are losing it, they think this somehow ends with WoW/OW no longer being steaming piles of shit.

Like if MSFT takes over suddenly Metzen, Morhaime, and Kaplan will come back and save their games. :rofl:
you just gotta look at what happend to Halo once MS took over after the bungie split. it got worse before it got better

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Betting if it goes through the first order of business will be to use MSFT's might to settle with California for an undisclosed amount, then they'll wait a bit and force Kotick out even though they agreed to let him stay.
For some reason I thought California had already levied the penalties against blizzard I didn't think there was outstanding litigation to be done but I'm sure I'm wrong.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I can't think of a single Activision/Blizzard upcoming project I have any interest in, so this doesn't mean much to me personally. But there's no way this kind of increased consolidation/monopolization is good for the industry.
I'll admit that I was kinda stoked on Diablo 4 before Shadowlands, the WoW exodus, and finally the California lawsuit.

Now I just want the company to die.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
I'll admit that I was kinda stoked on Diablo 4 before Shadowlands, the WoW exodus, and finally the California lawsuit.

D4 was the only game I had any interest in. The quality of their output has been on steady decline since OW1. CoD has been mired in mediocrity for awhile now as well, Warzone the only thing keeping it relevant.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Betting if it goes through the first order of business will be to use MSFT's might to settle with California for an undisclosed amount, then they'll wait a bit and force Kotick out even though they agreed to let him stay.
itll be the standard take over crap, he will stay prob for around a year to help with the transitions and whatnot and then retire

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY

Yea D4 is the only game i had a mild interest in but that was always gonna be a "wait and see if the fuck it up" situation. I have not played Retail WoW since Legion and im never going back. Classic was fun for about a year but im done with that as well (the community ruined it) D2 Res has been fun and ill still dick with it but ya nothing they have made/published in years has interested me, Blizz or Actv as a whole

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448