GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
OW and the Diablo games maybe but I don't see them adding WoW to gamepass unless it goes full FTP.
FTP would be the best move

for it to die a horrible death that it deserves

mr-burns-the-simpsons.gif

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I'm torn, I want Kotick's leadership gone and buying him out and replacing him seems like the best way, even though they say they'll keep him after the sale, but he's already richer than god and I don't want him getting any more.

Also this is totally all happening due to the ActiBlizz California Lawsuit right now, their stock price has seen a 40% backslide with no signs of stopping since the suit was filed, this feels like too easy of a way out for those people who are responsible for the suit in the first place. Now they get their payout and can run away.
they made the purchase 45% over market rate for the stock :eek:

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
I'm torn, I want Kotick's leadership gone and buying him out and replacing him seems like the best way, even though they say they'll keep him after the sale, but he's already richer than god and I don't want him getting any more.

Also this is totally all happening due to the ActiBlizz California Lawsuit right now, their stock price has seen a 40% backslide with no signs of stopping since the suit was filed, this feels like too easy of a way out for those people who are responsible for the suit in the first place. Now they get their payout and can run away.
I bet any amount They're not keeping him,

Reactions: Ray Wonder

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
For one thing, I don't expect Kotick is willing to take instruction, he's too much of a "top dog" asshole to be under anyone else's control.

I could only imagine Spencer ordering him to do anything he didn't want to do would drive him up the fucking wall.

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Kinda pissed about it. I was banking on Diablo immortal
Youre pissed that you got 30% bump in a single day?

I mean I'm probably the only person here that believed Immortal will fucking dominate the mobile game space when it comes out, but it cant get any better than this...

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
does this mean the breast milk room will have a windows logo on it?

god i wish i could get gamer girl milk straight from the tap in the office bros...

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
The implications of this is fucking wild. What Microsoft has accomplished with XBox is just amazing. Especially with the stumbles they've had.
Idk about "accomplished with Xbox"

Xbox has been mediocre for years. Gamepass was their first actual win. Buying Bethesda and activ is more flexing their non gaming money in order to make Xbox worth something

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Idk about "accomplished with Xbox"

Xbox has been mediocre for years. Gamepass was their first actual win. Buying Bethesda and activ is more flexing their non gaming money in order to make Xbox worth something
Meanwhile pc users reap most of the benefits without paying Microsoft much more than $15 a month for gamepass and a $9 cd key

And I suppose all the free data mining

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec