GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
I'm torn, I want Kotick's leadership gone and buying him out and replacing him seems like the best way, even though they say they'll keep him after the sale, but he's already richer than god and I don't want him getting any more.

Also this is totally all happening due to the ActiBlizz California Lawsuit right now, their stock price has seen a 40% backslide with no signs of stopping since the suit was filed, this feels like too easy of a way out for those people who are responsible for the suit in the first place. Now they get their payout and can run away.

Yep first thing I thought when I heard the news this morning. This happened because of the lawsuit and was the best option to get out.

Reactions: Ray Wonder

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
No way.

COD sells way more on Playstation than Xbox. Xbox will surely get the exclusive stuff instead of PS, but to stop selling it on PS seems ridiculous.
While the main game had more sales, Warzone has been the biggest revenue source for cod and that has been dominated by PC/Xbox. Also, the pro league is played on PC now (used to be PlayStation).

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
While the main game had more sales, Warzone has been the biggest revenue source for cod and that has been dominated by PC/Xbox. Also, the pro league is played on PC now (used to be PlayStation).

dominated?

population combined is just a little higher than PS

BlYhkqe.png

afaik they don't release sales #s by platform so who knows what each person is spending

Reactions: Ray Wonder and MM

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Eh it's a true statement. I had both consoles for a long time but then there were no games to justify the console anymore. I could just play those on a PS or PC. That's true now with gamepass. The PC is the big winner Xbox still itself in MEH land
for the first time since the original ps and Xbox, I own neither and play on PC game pass

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I know Activision is big but...$70 billion all cash is alot of $$$ for Activision

dunno if anyone mentioned this but that also includes King which is a cash cow in its own right, made over $2 billion in 2020 and actiblizz bought them for $6 billion back in 2015

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Eh it's a true statement. I had both consoles for a long time but then there were no games to justify the console anymore. I could just play those on a PS or PC. That's true now with gamepass. The PC is the big winner Xbox still itself in MEH land

Yeah, and my point was mainly in response to the idea that MS has done this amazing job developing the Xbox as a brand and platform. It's not like they spent years nurturing their internal talent and developing a bunch of genre-defining IPs and coming up with innovative hardware or anything like that. They just threw money around. Money that came from OTHER parts of the company, not even from their Xbox division's profits. Even with Gamepass, it's not like no one else ever had the idea of doing a "Netflix for games" model. They're just the ones who had the money and infrastructure to pull it off better than anyone else (again, due to Microsoft's other tech ventures).

MM

OT Supporter
Apr 24, 2007
Dirty Jersey
Insane news honestly. Initial reaction is pretty unfavorable though, just because of the consolidation involved with it. I personally dont care because I have a gaming PC, but if you are a dedicated PS owner this is sort of disheartening I would imagine.
fuckin shoot me now

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec