GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
have you just never thought that maybe you don't like mechanics that much?

Mechanics are one part of what makes a game. And I'm not even saying that Overwatch is a bad game (though it's definitely not my TYPE of game...I really don't care that much about most completive multiplayer stuff). But c'mon man...best game of all time? :hsugh:

I mean if you want to make the case that it's the best multiplayer shooter of all time, ok, fine. I don't know or care enough about the genre to argue that point. But best GAME, full stop? Let's not get carried away here. :rofl:

Reactions: Ray Wonder

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Mechanics are one part of what makes a game. And I'm not even saying that Overwatch is a bad game (though it's definitely not my TYPE of game...I really don't care that much about most completive multiplayer stuff). But c'mon man...best game of all time? :hsugh:

I mean if you want to make the case that it's the best multiplayer shooter of all time, ok, fine. I don't know or care enough about the genre to argue that point. But best GAME, full stop? Let's not get carried away here. :rofl:

think about this one a bit more or something dude, don't know what to say here, why wouldn't a multiplayer shooter be the best game of all time?

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
think about this one a bit more or something dude, don't know what to say here, why wouldn't a multiplayer shooter be the best game of all time?

Bro, there's no such thing as the "best game of all time". :rofl: There's a massive list of games that are all among the best examples of their respective genres. Beyond that it's purely subjective.

But if there IS a best game of all time, it's Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. :scootin:

Reactions: Ray Wonder

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
I hope by doing this that Raven is allowed out of the COD mines and can make the real SOF3 that we never got.

Soldier of Fortune with modern graphics :eek3:
archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
No way Kotick was staying. This is Spencer's ship.
yeah, like I said previously: there's zero possibility of Kotick taking orders from anyone, much less a former competitor. If he'd actually planned on sticking around it would have been a constant fight between the two of them till he got fired.

Dude's taking his MASSIVE golden parachute and bailing out.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
imo Sony stays out of the big acquisition game (they cant afford to compete anyway, and whats left in the playing field doesnt really make sense).

Stick to quality first party titles that will inevitably keep them in the GOTY race with 2-3 titles a year, and stay relevant to that contingent of enthusiasts who just seeks those titles out.

Sure they lose in market share and revenue is paltry in comparison, but it could be a more than comfortable business and its sort of what Nintendo has been doing for a decade+. Ten years ago I say its not possible, but Sony has crafted a baseline of IP and now has a proven track record for multiple GOTY candidates every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor