GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
imo Sony stays out of the big acquisition game (they cant afford to compete anyway, and whats left in the playing field doesnt really make sense).

Stick to quality first party titles that will inevitably keep them in the GOTY race with 2-3 titles a year, and stay relevant to that contingent of enthusiasts who just seeks those titles out.

Sure they lose in market share and revenue is paltry in comparison, but it could be a more than comfortable business and its sort of what Nintendo has been doing for a decade+. Ten years ago I say its not possible, but Sony has crafted a baseline of IP and now has a proven track record for multiple GOTY candidates every year.
Or just agree to host Gamepass (likely the point of all this) and still make the GOTY exclusives.

Stop competing with MS and embrace their content. Win / Win.

Swallowing pride is hard, but MS has them by the balls here.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Sign in to Facebook to launch Call of Duty/OW/Diablo/WoW

:barf:
I mean with how bloated the battle.net client is these days with ads and random bullshit it's almost that bad anyways.

So glad that I uninstalled it. :mamoru2:

9aa.gif

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
The implications of this is fucking wild. What Microsoft has accomplished with XBox is just amazing. Especially with the stumbles they've had.

It's a lot like how Google came into the smartphone market and took over the world while the other established companies watched.

Reactions: Ray Wonder

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Konami would tank their stock and go private just to keep from being made to do anything.

Their culture is so fucked up it's stupid, apparently the higher ups hate that they even got into the video gaming business to begin with.
how the fuck are they still alive / still working there

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Or just agree to host Gamepass (likely the point of all this) and still make the GOTY exclusives.

Stop competing with MS and embrace their content. Win / Win.

Swallowing pride is hard, but MS has them by the balls here.

I dont know. I know Sony isnt Nintendo but they can carve out a similarly appropriated niche, potentially. With their own more "mature" IP.

Whatever the case - this news is fucking huge and I legitimately don't know how it shakes out.

Well, I know it shakes out with Gamespass becoming what Netflix is, but downstream / tangential to that I mean

datsurferguy

OT Supporter
Jun 22, 2003
sony was trying to dreamcast the xbox by moneyhatting third party games away from xbox but apparently they forgot that microsoft could just buy the publisher in response

they were locking down multiple bethesda games including starfield, final fantasy, KOTOR, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Genius/GZA

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
sony was trying to dreamcast the xbox by moneyhatting third party games away from xbox but apparently they forgot that microsoft could just buy the publisher in response

they were locking down multiple bethesda games including starfield, final fantasy, KOTOR, etc.

:bowrofl: get fucked

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448