GAME Microsoft to buy Activision

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Heres a thought:

What if Microsoft kills the Xbox and focus on Game Pass on Ps5, and PC?

It wouldnt surprise me the Series X will be the last Xbox ever.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Heres a thought:

I would at least agree that Microsofts endgame here is Game Pass on as many devices as possible, with less actual concern related to the hardware given the aligned push in cloud gaming.

10 years from now Game Pass just going to come built into smart TVs and youll buy the peripheral controller and be done.

Question is what does the rest of the ecosystem look like from a botique/enthusiast perspective - obviously local high end hardware will still be a thing, perhaps to a slightly less degree but PC gaming will still be a huge population - but my bigger curiosity is the rest of the console market.

Reactions: AKing

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Heres a thought:

i feel like that's the idea but it's not just ps5 and PC, they want gamepass to be a streaming service like netflix so you wouldn't even need a gaming machine

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Keywords in his statement are "existing agreements"

Once the contracts are up, MS is gonna pull games from Sony.
as if Sony doesn't pulled the "exclusive" shit. The only value proposition sony has over xbox/PC is they strive to create exclusive content, and they went out of their way to do that. Now MS can play that game. And they should.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
as if Sony doesn't pulled the "exclusive" shit. The only value proposition sony has over xbox/PC is they strive to create exclusive content, and they went out of their way to do that. Now MS can play that game. And they should.

The difference is that Sony didn't get their exclusive content by just BUYING the entire industry. :rofl:

Reactions: cbpage

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
It ain’t no funnnnnn, if the homies can’t have nuuuuunn

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448