Might be buying a Taurus.....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mikdavi84, Feb 13, 2004.

1. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

I realize a Taurus isn't exactly a muscle car but this forum seemed to fit better than domestic compacts....

Anyways, I got a line on an '02 Taurus, leather, sunroof, pretty much the works for about 10 grand. Seems like a good deal, it was driven by a guy who used it for business, and it has been well maintained, even though it has a lot of miles for a 2 year old vehicle (35k), and has had all oil changes, tire rotations, etc. He's got all the maintenence records, what little there is. I've taken it for a test drive, everything, and its great!

Now the fun part. I realize Taurus's (Taurii?) aren't exactly performance monsters, but I'd like a set of lowering springs, exhaust, and basically a few things to make the car more drivable for a college student without sacrificing reliablity. Does anyone have any ideas? If I buy it I'll have a few more thousand dollars to play with, make it count...

And before the enevitable occurs, I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A SPORTS CAR. I don't care if you think I should get a Supra, RX-7, Sentra, I don't care if its a ford, we've owned a Taurus in the past, they are very reliable. So give me ideas!

2. SilverStang01

SilverStang01 A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upo

did you get the ohv vucan or the dohc duratec?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  3. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

are you going to supercharge it? :o

eaton m90 roots blowers are cheap :o

4. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderador® Super Moderator

It should be fine, and they're nicely styled for what they are.

Personally I'd just tint the windows and enjoy it the way it is, like I do with my Buick LeSabre.

:o

5. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

Wow, no flames for car choice, thanks guys!

I picked up the car tonight, its nice. Its the duratec engine, I believe...DOHC. I was wrong, though, it doesn't have leather interior...

How much are the blowers, that'd be sweet! A taurus would make a super-sleeper. I never thought about FI, my thoughts were chip/suspension/exhaust/tinted windows/slightly upgraded sound system....maybe new rims, but nothing "bling". I even thought of nitrous oxide, pretty much just to say I had it, plus its not something you see every day on a sedan. But FI would be awesome....

I'm basically not looking for a race car, just something fast, responsive, reliable, and I really like the look of the car. It would also be nice to wipe the smirk of some of those ricers faces...:cool: Keep the ideas coming!