Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by wannaseemysocks, Jun 14, 2006.
140k, auto...seems to run good. anything i shold look for before i buy?
Is it a t-top
Ask when the last time the optispark and water pump were replaced.
i would but its a trade in where i work.
Just take a look for the "normal" things and make sure that:
The t-top is not leaking
That the tranny is shifting correctly and smooth
That it don't have a abnormal usage on gas.
That all the lights/gauges work correctly
That the engine/cooling and so on does not leak
Good luck man! Post pics if you buy it
Last time the oil was changed or the last time it rained, whichever was more recent......
1. Look under the rear axle where the driveshaft enters the rear end. If it is moist or drips of oil, pinion seal. Approx $200.
2. Get the car up to operating temperature. Just when the rad fans come on. Hop on it WOT through at least 2 nd and 3rd gear (depending on rear end ratio this could be quite fast). Feel for any ignition burps. If so, plugs, wires approx $200. OR worst case senario opti spark. 95 had a vented design so they lasted longer.
3. look under the car (get your head right under), and look ABOVE the harmonic balancer to the BOTTOM of the waterpump and look at the tiny weep hole. Any moisture? Waterpump = $400.
4. Feel your hand right to the BACK of the intake manifold. Under the EGR valve. Moist with oil? Intake leak. ($200)
5. Power window motors? Really slow. $150 each.
6. Generally the 4L60E is a solid transmission. The LT1 is a very stout motor, and will last a long time.
before you buy........ kinda old but still good.