GUN Milling your own parts

frpSpore

Jun 4, 2003
SPOILEDland Ranch
I have a friend who has access to a milling machine and a lathe as well as the skills to use it properly.

How difficult would it be to mill my own receivers as well all the other parts I would need to have a working firearm?

Is there some place I can buy specs for your basic ak-47?

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
Pretty sure that would be illegal, but then again, I doubt you'd care about something like that.

TS
TS
frpSpore

frpSpore

Jun 4, 2003
SPOILEDland Ranch
The ATF only "suggests" that you uniquely mark a homemade weapon in order to identify it. Not required. However "if the gun is ever transferred (sold, given away, etc.), it must be marked, with the same markings that would be required if you had built an NFA firearm on a Form 1."

THT

The easy way is always mined
Mar 16, 2005
The booby hatch
Pretty sure that would be illegal, but then again, I doubt you'd care about something like that.
Huh? I was under the impression that if you made it yourself, it could be SA, FA, bolt-action, etc. and as long as you didn't sell it, it was legal.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
I think it would be a bitch compared to just dropping $80 on a new receiver but it depends on what you find fun and rewarding I suppose. There is a place that sells some unfinished receivers too that need some final milling. They seem kind of nutty and accept payment in like gold and freedom dollars or something and I think they were raided by the atf a while back but may still be in business. There are lots of jigs available for bending ak receivers though.

Here's hoping you don't wind up making this
frxvr.jpg
:rofl:

TS
TS
frpSpore

frpSpore

Jun 4, 2003
SPOILEDland Ranch
I think it would be a bitch compared to just dropping $80 on a new receiver but it depends on what you find fun and rewarding I suppose. There is a place that sells some unfinished receivers too that need some final milling. They seem kind of nutty and accept payment in like gold and freedom dollars or something and I think they were raided by the atf a while back but may still be in business. There are lots of jigs available for bending ak receivers though.

frxvr.jpg

I'm not looking at one gun. I'm thinking of building hundreds. Those costs will add up over time.

TS
TS
frpSpore

frpSpore

Jun 4, 2003
SPOILEDland Ranch

frxvr.jpg

Why wouldn't I want to make that?

sprite

May 20, 2003
MI, USA
I'm not looking at one gun. I'm thinking of building hundreds. Those costs will add up over time.

:uh:Christ almighty... should have known better than to even click on this fucking thread.

FYI, federal firearms laws are "the real deal." Its not treated like the the petty trespassing, possession of paraphenalia, & jacking off in public you regularly get busted for.

Reactions: Dismay
TS
TS
frpSpore

frpSpore

Jun 4, 2003
SPOILEDland Ranch
:uh:Christ almighty... should have known better than to even click on this fucking thread.

FYI, federal firearms laws are "the real deal." Its not treated like the the petty trespassing, possession of paraphenalia, & jacking off in public you regularly get busted for.

There is nothing unlawful about what I am suggesting. I just want to have own fucking armory.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue