TECH Mobileme Question. Please help!

N.A Honda

Mar 15, 2000
Canada
My iphone4 was stolen tonight and I tried to locate it using mobileme but it couldn't locate it. I'm just trying to figure out why. I have the feature activated on my phone. If the phone is off shouldn't' mobileme still be able to locate it?

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
It could be a bunch of stuff. Phone is off, in airplane mode, or they turned Find My iPhone off. Just keep trying to see if they turn the signal back on. When it goes missing, best thing is to immediately check and passcode lock it. Although someone can still restore it, if they don't know how to with a passcode lock on, you might get some luck.

TheWeasel

This is why cel phones aren't allowed in secured government locations...even if "powered down". Because they aren't truly "off".

Now if the battery is remove, or completely dead, that is another story.

What government locations are you talking about? Depending on your clearance you can be anywhere with a cell phone. :rofl:

YourMomOnRyeBun

Sep 6, 2006
Houston, TX
What government locations are you talking about? Depending on your clearance you can be anywhere with a cell phone. :rofl:

So...you're going to take your cel phone into a room marked for classified use on a military base? Good luck. :wavey:

I guess a General's phone is more secure than a civilian's phone?

Figori

Taking BRC to the EXTREME. Bitch I operate.
OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Somewhere near the Pentagon...
My building has a repository for phones as you walk in. Anyone caught with a phone will be considered violating the security policy and will incur a CMI. Those things can take stripes... :hsugh:

3dfx!

Oct 8, 2009
This is a flaw in the whole find my iphone feature IMO. It should prompt you for a pin code in the event you want to disable the feature. If I stole an iPhone, that'd be the first thing I'd check and turn off. It's annoying having a passcode lock on the phone, specially if you are active on it throughout the day with emails, texts, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan