GAME More HD Final Fantasy teases...

Eticket109

Nibbles, chew through my ball sack.
May 29, 2001
Springfield Retirement Castle
Kitase: Final Fantasy HD Console Collection Would Be Seriously Considered if Demand Was High Enough

When you ask the everyday gamer what their favourite Final Fantasy was, you’re likely to get a lot of different responses... whether that’s VII, VIII or X, whatever, fans are split on what their favourite Final Fantasy is.

With Sony and Ubisoft leading the way with HD remake collections of classic titles, we turned the question over to Final Fantasy Producer, Yoshinori Kitase, who told us that they were undecided at the moment, but if there’s a strong enough voice, they would “seriously consider it.”

“We haven’t made up our mind about that yet,” said Kitase, “but if there was a strong voice coming through from the users asking for such porting, then obviously we would seriously consider it, but no actual plans yet.”

So there you have it folks... speak up, shout from the rooftops, email Square Enix, start petitions, have it tattooed on your forehead or marry a Thai bride, have children and name them after Final Fantasy’s lead characters. If this makes your mouth water at the prospect of reliving them in HD, let’s see that strong voice.

Check back later on for the full Final Fantasy XIII-2 transcript from our chat with Kitase and Final Fantasy Director, Motomu Toriyama.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...sly-Considered-if-Demand-Was-High-Enough.html

Deleted member 143607

Imagine how many bajillions of dollars they would make with an HD FF7 remake

blackrat

Mar 2, 2007
Bay Area, CA
its squarenix, theyll turn it into garbage somehow

:werd:

They'd probably just do a quick upgrade to the original graphics as opposed to re-doing everything like the teasers they put out for the PS3 release. Better than nothing but not at all what they would have led us to believe.

a-money

Apr 1, 2004
Imagine how many bajillions of dollars they would make with an HD FF7 remake

square is bleeding money like no other, theyve made so many shitty studio purchases in the last 6 years that i doubt they have the resources to make an ff7 remake thats actually good

the company needs to go away already

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
:werd:

They'd probably just do a quick upgrade to the original graphics as opposed to re-doing everything like the teasers they put out for the PS3 release. Better than nothing but not at all what they would have led us to believe.

my first thought was that they'd just up the resolution somehow, without actually redoing anything.

Like the Blu-Ray version of a DVD movie...same content, just looks better.

Not to mention...How many years would it take them to actually REMAKE any of the games? They'd be obsolete even before they were available.

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
holy shit, the people in charge of the asian square-enix projects are morons. After years of saying that remakes would be impossible they are finally considering them after other companies have created successful remakes. way to stay behind the times, S-E.

They should just end their reign by releasing an FF7 remake then handing the company over to white people. (I'm not racist, seriously)

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
Like the Blu-Ray version of a DVD movie...same content, just looks better.

That's not really how it works. Movies are shot at a higher resolution than DVD's deliver, and so this makes a Blu-ray release of the same movie very easy. Even if the movie is 30 or 40 years old, the film they used was incredibly clear and still looks great in HD.

But with games, you typically develop them at the standard resolution of the current gen.

a-money

Apr 1, 2004
holy shit, the people in charge of the asian square-enix projects are morons. After years of saying that remakes would be impossible they are finally considering them after other companies have created successful remakes. way to stay behind the times, S-E.

They should just end their reign by releasing an FF7 remake then handing the company over to white people. (I'm not racist, seriously)

in the 90s i woulda told you youre crazy, now they should just sell the property to a company that knows wtf its doing. sell that shit to capcom so they can make street fighter vs final fantasy

blackrat

Mar 2, 2007
Bay Area, CA

this hd version would be different than what everyone's been hoping for for years. It would be more in line with what the current batch of remakes are.

compare this

[y]RpMTtJZfhQU[/y]

with

[y]A_i6gk9-3_M[/y]

there's no way in hell they would do the second one unfortunately, the time has passed and they don't have the funds or care for it anymore.

CodeX

Fuck final fantasy... I'm done with it after the last 2 full games and the their online games.

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
there's no way in hell they would do the second one unfortunately, the time has passed and they don't have the funds or care for it anymore.

I hear what you're saying, and that's the exact reason why they say they wont do a remake, because it would take too long to bring it up to today's standards of graphics. My problem is with square's absolute obsession with graphics and presentation at the expense of everything else, including fun - that's what killed FF13 and it's probably what will kill the rest of the single play FF games.

hellodon

Oct 26, 2006
So what was the story with this, anyway?
[y]Hb6Ah_fGFCM[/y]
They made a tech demo of the game everyone wants, teased the shit out of FFVII obsessed fans and gave them boners...then left them with blue balls. They should have just kept going with development. Who is the moron at Square that doesnt see the potential with this? I guarantee it would sell better than anything they've released in the past 5 years.

I'm not one of those crazed FFVII fans. I never even finished it. I still have the black label version of the game and spent the $10 bucks to buy the PSN game. Played a bit of that. I would definitely buy a ps3 remake though...I bet they could sell millions of copies with no problem. Somebody needs to say "okay we're idiots if we don't do this" and get it done.

Remember this a few years back? People really wondering if it was kept so incredibly secret that it was really going to show up on shelves and that Best Buy accidentally spilled the beans? Haha.

news_img_12138_0.jpg

Didnt someone here camp out at BB?

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
Don't know why people want the classics remade so badly, who the fuck wants final fantasy 7 in squares new faggy style :ugh:

Los

Oct 22, 2003
Indiana
So what was the story with this, anyway?
[y]Hb6Ah_fGFCM[/y]
They made a tech demo of the game everyone wants, teased the shit out of FFVII obsessed fans and gave them boners...then left them with blue balls. They should have just kept going with development. Who is the moron at Square that doesnt see the potential with this? I guarantee it would sell better than anything they've released in the past 5 years.

I'm not one of those crazed FFVII fans. I never even finished it. I still have the black label version of the game and spent the $10 bucks to buy the PSN game. Played a bit of that. I would definitely buy a ps3 remake though...I bet they could sell millions of copies with no problem. Somebody needs to say "okay we're idiots if we don't do this" and get it done.

Remember this a few years back? People really wondering if it was kept so incredibly secret that it was really going to show up on shelves and that Best Buy accidentally spilled the beans? Haha.

news_img_12138_0.jpg

Didnt someone here camp out at BB?

Because Square's president doesn't run on logic and sense. Have you played FFXIV? Had I been anywhere in the decision making, that project would've been scrapped from the start.

hellodon

Oct 26, 2006
Because Square's president doesn't run on logic and sense. Have you played FFXIV? Had I been anywhere in the decision making, that project would've been scrapped from the start.

Actually nah I havent. I was interested in it until I heard how shitty it was.
The merge between Square and Enix just killed Square....Squaresoft was the shit. Enix was all JRPG BS and that's basically all the merged company is capable of nowadays. Wonder where the Squaresoft team went.

Los

Oct 22, 2003
Indiana
most of them are still with SE. Most asian countries believe in company loyalty so whenever someone leaves the company, its a big deal.

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
god i miss the days of the original playstation...FF7, FF9, legend of dragoon...you could go to best buy and pick up a good game each time you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan