GUN More saiga 12 conversion ?

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
Who else has first hand experience? A friend of mine has been providing some useful insight but this crap is so new to me. :o

I know I need: PG, Stock, FCG & Trigger Guard?

It seems the Tromix TG makes things 100% easier, so then i'd need a PG.

This FCG looks like it would make things easier but it says "except 100 series" Does that mean it won't work? Should I just get the tapco single hook & modify it for the bho?

Also, can anyone recommend a stock? I was going to go w/ the ace 7.5" and the receiver block but there are some questions about securing it since it'd use one of the tang screws and the PG screw but it looks like the tromix DIY TG does away with that

:dunno:

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
Bolt hold open on AKs is pretty worthless IMO. If you're really concerned about it, the Iraqi/Yugo mags have a BHO follower which works fine. (oops, didn't see this was for a S12, I don't have one so I can't tell ya much about the BHO feature on it.)

Tapco single hooks are fine, you just need some E-Clips to secure them in the receiver (you can find them at any hardware store). 100 series is a different AK style, you should be fine.

Aresenal/K-VAR have the best Polymer stocks IMO. You pay a little more than Tapco ones, but they all great quality.

more off

May 29, 2004
From what I've read, the mags are pretty hard to insert on a closed bolt S12, hense the reason to keep it.

http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/guns/Saiga12s/iz-108_conv-10rnd02.jpg

it's not that difficult to load the 10rounders with the bolt closed
just gotta push the top shell down a little.

i'm glad both of our conversions are going to be different :coold:

repost of how i want mine to look :o

i'm doing saw pg conversion
with custom trigger assembly, keeping my BHO

with ace 7.5" stock (non folding) and ACE internal block
aceskeleton.JPG

i'm getting a stockish forend with a single rail on the bottom to mount a flashlight.

TNG-S12-TACTICAL-FOREND.jpg

then a shark brake

Shark.jpg

i think it'll be cool enough :hsd:

plus some sort of mount and red-dot later on :wiggle:

more off

May 29, 2004
i like that stock, but that grip might be a little small.

i have one on my AK pistol and i feel like i want the SAW bigger grip for a shotgun, like on my romanian folder AK.

look at the size difference.

2nbbos7.jpg

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
I personally like the SAW grip a whole lot more than the standard AK grip.... I don't know if I could go back to the traditional setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor