EDU Mortgage EDU

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
Refinanced last year to go 4.375 to 3.5 on a 30 year. Thinking I would be stupid not to do it again to drop the rate and increase LTV hoping my house appraises at least 10% over current value

TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Refinanced last year to go 4.375 to 3.5 on a 30 year. Thinking I would be stupid not to do it again to drop the rate and increase LTV hoping my house appraises at least 10% over current value
You should definitely look at it. With house values going up, you can probably get below 3% and drop pmi at the same time. How long ago did you close?

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
You should definitely look at it. With house values going up, you can probably get below 3% and drop pmi at the same time. How long ago did you close?
5/8/2020 is the loan origination date. Haven’t seen many homes for sale in my neighborhood but now that I look at sold houses, I see some all selling before being listed for some pretty big increases over what I think it would have sold for normally

TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
5/8/2020 is the loan origination date. Haven’t seen many homes for sale in my neighborhood but now that I look at sold houses, I see some all selling before being listed for some pretty big increases over what I think it would have sold for normally
3.5% from last May?? :yikes:

yes, in the last 15 months I would bet you’ve got enough equity to drop pmi.

• Love

mooses

Jan 31, 2005
Bankrate shows better.com with a 2.5% 30 year refi with 0 points - is it even worth the hassle or am I going to somehow see $10k in fees somewhere

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Bankrate shows better.com with a 2.5% 30 year refi with 0 points - is it even worth the hassle or am I going to somehow see $10k in fees somewhere
I had a great experience with better. Fees were less than guaranteed rate, BOA and Chase (those last two shouldn’t even be in the comparison)

mooses

Jan 31, 2005
I had a great experience with better. Fees were less than guaranteed rate, BOA and Chase (those last two shouldn’t even be in the comparison)
:bigthumb: I'm working through it now and the numbers seem ok. I just have to wait until tomorrow to do the hard pull because equifax is shit and wouldn't unfreeze immediately.

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Does this look right

120d78adf97cae920b6eb929e75b273a.jpg

TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
:bigthumb: I'm working through it now and the numbers seem ok. I just have to wait until tomorrow to do the hard pull because equifax is shit and wouldn't unfreeze immediately.
Just watch the numbers closely. Anyone can say anything up front, until it’s time to lock the rate. Right now their site says 2.5% is $3500 in points.

8FAF82C3-B780-4724-8FA0-E0FE0F3EDE9A.png

• Love

Sal Paradise

Jan 16, 2002
Heathwood
You do any investment loans?

My property manager is selling one of her VRBO properties, but the buyer is attempting to finance it as a second home instead of as an investment. It’s appraised around 950k, and generating around $130k/year in gross rental income.

Would you be able to use the historic income if its being financed as an investment?

TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
You do any investment loans?

My property manager is selling one of her VRBO properties, but the buyer is attempting to finance it as a second home instead of as an investment. It’s appraised around 950k, and generating around $130k/year in gross rental income.

Would you be able to use the historic income if its being financed as an investment?
I do lots of investor/rentals.

if using rental income to qualify, we ask appraiser to come up with projected rental income, and you can use 75% of that number as income. It’s still kind of up in the air with short term rentals. Usually appraisers go off what a possible long term lease would be. So it’s unlikely an appraiser would come up with $11k/mo for projected rental income.

• Love

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Just watch the numbers closely. Anyone can say anything up front, until it’s time to lock the rate. Right now their site says 2.5% is $3500 in points.

View attachment 146825
Good advice, the estimated fees will change. I have a post earlier in the thread outlining the final details from a better refi and a guaranteed rate second home loan. I forget the numbers off hand but I was satisfied with the deal

edit: found my post:

Closing next week on the second home mortgage: $234k purchase, $100k loan at 2.625% 15yr with about $3k in fees. Fees are high but no other lender was within .75%.

A month back we refi’d primary residence 30 to 15 year, 2.375% without points, loan costs $2,578. Similar to the second home loan, no other lender was close.

One was Better the other was Guaranteed Rate. Both went smoothly, and was easy to talk to an actual person whenever I wanted. I preferred Better’s website, but they seemed to shuffle you around to more people. GR was less polished, but still good customer service. Overall experience with both was great, will recommend for anyone shopping around.

Reactions: saabguy

mooses

Jan 31, 2005

View attachment 146825
I'm too stupid to figure out how to link an image, but the closing disclosure (prior to rate lock) is showing:
A. Origination: $0
B. Services Can't Shop for: $614
C. Services Can Shop for: $726
D. Total A, B, C: $1340

E. Taxes and other shit: $862
F. Prepaids: $328
G. Escrow: $1948
H. Other: $0

J. Total Closing Costs: $3590

forgetdis

May 5, 2011
Whats the best way to go for a first-time buyer loan in Ca ~800k house %5 Down. Been told to go to loandepot

Reactions: saabguy

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
I haven't been paying attention, have rates gone down again in the last few months? I checked earlier in the year and thought I missed the boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022