EDU Mortgage EDU

conflayz

Banned
May 31, 2018
dirtydirtysouth
Can I get filled in? I feel bad for people losing their jobs, and yeah it sucks that a company needs to lay people off because they gre too big too fast... but why is this the end of the world?

I mean.. calling some employees dumb dolphins is crazy funny, but some people are really dumb af.

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Can I get filled in? I feel bad for people losing their jobs, and yeah it sucks that a company needs to lay people off because they gre too big too fast... but why is this the end of the world?

I mean.. calling some employees dumb dolphins is crazy funny, but some people are really dumb af.
Company that grew mainly because of a crazy refi-boom is cutting staff to make their P&L look more enticing as they prepare to go public.

Reactions: pookrat and saabguy
TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Company that grew mainly because of a crazy refi-boom is cutting staff to make their P&L look more enticing as they prepare to go public.
Also they posted some quarterly results and it appears they were losing money…during a refi boom. So sounds like all the awesome rates they were offering were at a loss to pump up their funding volume and build their client base, then likely gradually raising rates and cutting payroll/expenses before going public.

TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003

He also told a former business partner he would duct tape him to the wall and burn him alive :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: conflayz

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
Also they posted some quarterly results and it appears they were losing money…during a refi boom. So sounds like all the awesome rates they were offering were at a loss to pump up their funding volume and build their client base, then likely gradually raising rates and cutting payroll/expenses before going public.
All of the young tech companies lose money while shoveling it to their marketing department of pinheads.

conflayz

Banned
May 31, 2018
dirtydirtysouth
@saabguy

I would like to buy another* investment property soonish / eventually.

Will I be able to with my income? Like would I even get approved for a martgage? Will I need more than 20% down? How does it work?

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
HOW.DOES.IT.WORK.FOR.A.POOR.LIKE.ME
Get 20% down and the projected rent income counts towards your ratios.

Basically just get 20% down and have a good a credit score.

Last I checked FNMA let’s you have up to 20 of these but the banks limit you to 10 in their overlays.
Last time I did This was 5 years ago, though. May have changed.

Reactions: conflayz
TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Also, @saabguy I overpaid at my closing by $26.86. Carl said they (the title company) would send me a check. I still havent received anything. Who should I complain to about that?
Your refund was issued in the form of a giant RPBC.

Did they leave you with contact info from the title company with your closing docs?

conflayz

Banned
May 31, 2018
dirtydirtysouth
Get 20% down and the projected rent income counts towards your ratios.

Basically just get 20% down and have a good a credit score.

Last I checked FNMA let’s you have up to 20 of these but the banks limit you to 10 in their overlays.
Last time I did This was 5 years ago, though. May have changed.
There are no other rules? How would I show projected rent income? Would that be something my mortgage person could produce?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman