saabguy

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Glad you got in while the getting was good

Hopefully this has helped other people not get ripped off too :rofl:

I'm in a homebuilding FB group (since we're building) and am seeing some absurd numbers. Some lady this weekend said her 90-day lock was going to expire, and her loan officer said if it does, their current rate for VA would be 5.6% :barf:
Everyone :wtc: and :eek4: reacting to this…VA rate isn’t that high now. It’s just a trash in-house lender for a builder whois trying to fuck some people over. House is ready to close, but lock expired, people are backed into a corner, give them a shit sandwich rate and they don’t have much of a choice. Bend over and take it.

Actual competitive rates aren’t that high…

… yet :noes:

Reactions: kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Everyone :wtc: and :eek4: reacting to this…VA rate isn’t that high now. It’s just a trash in-house lender for a builder whois trying to fuck some people over. House is ready to close, but lock expired, people are backed into a corner, give them a shit sandwich rate and they don’t have much of a choice. Bend over and take it.

Actual competitive rates aren’t that high…

… yet :noes:
Shit grab a new lender and get the appraisal reassigned, get a lower rate
Success

chickenfcker

OT Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Is it true that you can’t get a HELOC on a second home/rental? Only where your homestead exemption is?

Also is a repayment period of 5 years super low? I feel like I see 10 years elsewhere than my current LO

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
rates go down yet?
70s-show-crying.gif

TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Is it true that you can’t get a HELOC on a second home/rental? Only where your homestead exemption is?

Also is a repayment period of 5 years super low? I feel like I see 10 years elsewhere than my current LO
HELOCS are more consumer loans, so there are no set rules or guidelines that everyone abides by. Each bank/credit union/etc. has their own credit policy for what they will or will not lend on. It is not common for places to offer HELOCs on a 2nd home or rental, but that's not to say some places won't do it. Keep looking, usually a local community bank or CU will be your best bet.

Reactions: chickenfcker
TS
TS
saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
rates go down yet?
How "down" are you wanting them to go? I mean, there will be movement up and down every day/week/month. If you're waiting for them to go "back down" to the 3% range, then I've got some bad news for you...

FYI I have code for this chart I use on my website that I can post here, but whenever I try to post the code it just comes through as text. If anyone knows how to post widgets here, let me know

1652710875131.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026