CAR Motorcycle Crew: Help Figori protect his noggin.... vHelmet Thread

Figori

Taking BRC to the EXTREME. Bitch I operate.
OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Somewhere near Shaw AFB…
So, I have a Scorpion EXO-900 that is long in the tooth. Need something to replace it with. I don't mind doing a little bit of year-round riding (2006 Ninja 650r), and currently have a Sena SMH 5 setup on my Scorpion.

I've looked at the GT920, the GT3000 from Scorpion. They seem nice, I just miss the styling of the 900.

Also looked at the Shoei Neotech II, but dang spending $700 on a lid.

Wife agrees that I need to get the best lid, but I feel selfish spending that kind of $$ on one.

HALP.

*EDIT* Looking for modular....

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I've have been wearing HJC for almost 2 decades.
CL17 first and now the i10.

~$150 and no complaints.

Modular:

TS
TS
Figori

Figori

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Somewhere near Shaw AFB…
I have been wearing HJC for almost 2 decades.
CL17 first and now the i10.

~$150 and no complaints.

I had a Symax II back in the day.... I just don't know about the fitment. I could touch the bar with my chin...

And my spare helmet is an HJC.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I just can't fathom spending $500+ on a helmet when I can get one that provides comparable protection for $100.

bubbaZR2

i poop too much, then i get tired...
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
New Mexico
Any decent brand with good safety ratings will protect your head equally, cheap or expensive. The higher cost goes into making them lighter, quieter, seal up better, etc.

Reactions: Ninja and Figori

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
I just can't fathom spending $500+ on a helmet when I can get one that provides comparable protection for $100.

My Shoei RF1200 I got last year is way lighter, quieter (wind noise), more comfortable, and the visor ergonomics are better than my 10 year old $200 Scorpion. However, I doubt the Shoei will safe my brain any better than the Scorpion.

Reactions: Figori
TS
TS
Figori

Figori

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Somewhere near Shaw AFB…
My Shoei RF1200 I got last year is way lighter, quieter (wind noise), more comfortable, and the visor ergonomics are better than my 10 year old $200 Scorpion. However, I doubt the Shoei will safe my brain any better than the Scorpion.

And that's my dilemna.

I mean, I'm not riding for 4+ hours at a time.

Maybe just an hour or so, depending on if I need to go for a ride to blow off some steam.

But $700 for a helmet just seems crazy. That and the Neotech weighs almost 5lbs.

Reactions: Wolf

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
And that's my dilemna.

Maybe just an hour or so, depending on if I need to go for a ride to blow off some steam.

But $700 for a helmet just seems crazy. That and the Neotech weighs almost 5lbs.

I never ride for more than an hour or 2. Hell most of the time I'm on my 49cc Zuma but wear my leathers and Shoei helmet. Having comfortable (expensive) gear honestly makes me want to wear it.

Gavin

May 5, 2001
And that's my dilemna.

So buy what you want.

brah pitt

i still owe money to the money to money i owe.
OT Supporter
May 2, 2007
bergen county, nj
Alright. I ended up finding the AGV SportModular on closeout from RevZilla for $544 shipped to my house.

Will update once it gets here.
$435

CKxHBLn.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026