CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
You know damn well he didn't stay in his lane
:nope: Destination Way is usually pretty quiet (started to build out a housing development, then the 2008 crash happened and the homes never got built, just some awesome roads) and he was trying to pass some of the other riders on the inside.

randomous

Lord Randomous
Mar 14, 2000
Marina Del Rey
god damn.
There not much you can do in situations like that I guess. I’m super cautious and observant within city limits and highways. Kind of sucks cause you’re on the edge but I love to ride and want to do it as long as possible.
Maybe just slowly get back into it with short trips instead of daily riding.
I have been thinking about just starting slow and using a bike as just a commuter tool for a while. The accident would have been allot worse, but I think all of the muscle mass I was carrying at the time saved me from much worse damage.

randomous

Lord Randomous
Mar 14, 2000
Marina Del Rey
Worst I had was a high side. Target fixated, went wide in a corner, hard on the brakes in the dirt, high sided, fractured wrist.
Then got to ride the bike back home, then drive myself to the hospital :rofl:

Had to stop for gas on the way home, and getting my glove back on over the swelling was painful.
Also, my car was a manual, so trying to shift with my left hand was a bit of a challenge.
Then the hospital didn't have anyone to put on a cast due to it being the weekend, so I just got a splint and was told to come back on Monday.
But the splint didn't hold the wrist in place well, so I was in pain all weekend.

But I learned not to target fixate. :nod:

I am almost lost my life when I lived in Berkeley. I was coming home from Walnut Creek and after I got off the 24 freeway, I was trying to make a left on Alcatraz when I couldn't stop staring at a giant truck parked on the street. I almost got hypnotized into crashing right into it :bowrofl:. From then on I learned I had to force my face to look into the direction I wanted to go.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I am almost lost my life when I lived in Berkeley. I was coming home from Walnut Creek and after I got off the 24 freeway, I was trying to make a left on Alcatraz when I couldn't stop staring at a giant truck parked on the street. I almost got hypnotized into crashing right into it :bowrofl:. From then on I learned I had to force my face to look into the direction I wanted to go.
There have been so many times when I've been coming into a corner too fast and have to fight myself to keep looking through the corner.

TS
TS
Junkie

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
I have been thinking about just starting slow and using a bike as just a commuter tool for a while. The accident would have been allot worse, but I think all of the muscle mass I was carrying at the time saved me from much worse damage.
commuting is pretty damn dangerous

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Boots are coming up on 20 years old and have started falling apart (Oxtar)
Looking at mid-height boots as a replacement, but can't decide between the Sidi Apex and the Sidi Performer.

Apex:
sidi_apex_boots_rollover.jpg

Performer:
sidi_performer_mid_boots_black_rollover.jpg

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Apex appears to offer more hard armor protection, so I’m gonna say go with that one. SIDI are great products so you probably can’t go wrong.

Reactions: Wolf

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74