s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

tenxia

OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Pale Blue Dot
Got that itch again.... will have to see what bonus/raise looks like in a couple months.

DRZ400SM
Tenere 700
Tiger 900 Rally

:hmm:
Would probably keep the FZ8 if I get the DRZ or Tenere, but for the Triumph, I'd sell it and use the Tiger for everything.
Leaning toward the Tiger for distance riding + offroad ability.

Triumph-Tiger-900-adventure-motorcycle-5-1024x683.jpg

View attachment 144252

But either way, may wait a year to find something used. :yikes:
Just picked up a 2014 Tiger 800 XC. Love Tigers.

Reactions: Wolf

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
How's this for a little ridiculous trackside engineering?

I've grown tired of pulling my tire warmers and having to reach up to hang them from my EZ-up (talk about first world problems). I don't want to just throw them on the ground like so many guys do, because they fold over on themselves and can melt etc. So I decided to build a little stand that I can drape them over when I'm going out for a session.

Made of simple Schedule 40, rattle-can painted (hanging from a speaker so the paint can fully cure). Will test at the track tomorrow/Monday. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ooowC8Xh.jpg

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
Contemplating purchasing a KTM RC390 as a dedicated track bike. Took a test ride and the thing is a complete hoot.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
Fucking rock in the Pacific
Reactions: nosaj

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
I am new to the track on bikes have only done a few days and I was using a KTM 690 Duke. I figured I should start using something more appropriate body position wise. So I am a complete noob, I doubt I will ever get super hardcore just keep doing track days and having fun for now. Is the cup suspension from WP better than the Ohlins or vice versa?

mylegacy412

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2005
Bellevue
I am new to the track on bikes have only done a few days and I was using a KTM 690 Duke. I figured I should start using something more appropriate body position wise. So I am a complete noob, I doubt I will ever get super hardcore just keep doing track days and having fun for now. Is the cup suspension from WP better than the Ohlins or vice versa?
if you're new you could ride it as is for a season.

you'll know when you're outriding the suspension. :mamoru:

Reactions: shallow777

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
If you want a dedicated track bike I'll sell you my R6 thats been sitting for years on the cheap with tire warmers and a set of pitbull stands :hsugh:

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
went shopping for a full face helmet, a 2xl was hard to put on and it grabbed my ears and wouldn't let them go, so they were folded up and pinched in there. the rest of the helmet fit well. the guy there said he'd have more sizes in next week.

i would have bought it if it fit my ears

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
went shopping for a full face helmet, a 2xl was hard to put on and it grabbed my ears and wouldn't let them go, so they were folded up and pinched in there. the rest of the helmet fit well. the guy there said he'd have more sizes in next week.

i would have bought it if it fit my ears

probably the wrong helmet for your head shape.

WBW_HeadShapeLarge_01-08.jpg

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
i started a new job in cornelius and the 77 toll lanes are free for bikes. they're usually pretty empty. it's nice having the road to myself

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
my MT07 has just been collecting dust, its time to sell it :wtcd:

and my abba sky lift.
How is it on the highway? Thinking about a Tenere 700 with the same engine, but the published hp/tq numbers are quite a bit lower than my FZ8's, so I'm worried it'll be a dog on the highway. :yikes:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds