CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

Carne Seca

Oaxaca Flocka Flame
OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2010
Xan Diego
How is it on the highway? Thinking about a Tenere 700 with the same engine, but the published hp/tq numbers are quite a bit lower than my FZ8's, so I'm worried it'll be a dog on the highway. :yikes:

thats one of the things i had to get used to. on the R1 if someone was driving like an idiot, or getting to close i could drop a gear and disappear.
on the MT07 its not as easy to throttle out of danger, i had to use my brakes more.

it would still go 120mph, but i lost some top speed and added more torque doing some of the same things i did to my R1, like swapping sprockets -1/+2, and a flash tune.

its a really fun bike to ride. but i dont think ive gone longer than 100miles or so.

Reactions: Wolf

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
i bought a levis jean jacket because it was 50 bucks and i figured if i'm lazy and don't wear it i'm only out 50. i wear it a lot. what kind of jackets are you guys running?

i've been looking at leather with pockets for plates

• Haha

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
i bought a levis jean jacket because it was 50 bucks and i figured if i'm lazy and don't wear it i'm only out 50. i wear it a lot. what kind of jackets are you guys running?

i've been looking at leather with pockets for plates
Alpinestars Airflow SP-1
perforated leather

BDEBD9E4-EFF4-4F88-9BD6-18676687BD09_760x760.png

Reactions: cjonesy22002

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
i bought some bilt gloves that fell apart, the wrist pulled off when i was putting them on and the fingers let go when i was riding around. cyclegear took them back and the only questions were how they could make it better. only had them a week but it was around a thousand miles. i got a credit for what i paid and bought a pair of sedicis, they're light summer gloves with a lot of leather and carbon fiber sliders.

my winter gloves are big gauntlets that go up my sleeves, they claim to be waterproof but i still get wet and cold

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
work starts at 7 and i try to be early. you'll probably see me in the pool truck, no front bumper, blonde dude with long hair and a beard
@Janson i was in davidson last week and these fuckers were so retarded they had a cop directing traffic at a roundabout and it was still totally fucked

• Haha

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Keep thinking about buying something to get in addition to the Grom, but it’s just too fun riding on city streets.

that and I have a short inseam and a FS bike being low enough (that isn’t a SS - I prefer the neutral riding position of the Grom) might be a problem :rofl:

Reactions: mylegacy412

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenifer32