CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
Fucking rock in the Pacific
Going to look at one like this for a buddy this weekend. I had an 87model that I put 17" Technomagnesio wheels, 89 model forks and a custom length Fox shock. One of my favorite bikes ever :cool:
IMG_9918.jpg

tenxia

OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Pale Blue Dot
Fuuu... just picked up my bike from 26k mile service w/ valve adjustment. Also had a new chain and ss front brake lines installed.

$1200 total :wtc:

My 24k ended up being $800 ish. Picking it up today. Told them not to do oil, coolant, brake fluid since I can do those myself.

• Support
Reactions: Wolf

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
how do you do

this bad boy spent the last seven years in a heated basement, untouched. it was a gift to the elderly former owner from a friend who could no longer ride. former owner already had a well sorted and new K75 and so this just sat. former owner has since passed and i got it today from his son.

it spins over beautifully but i have not tried to start it as i want to drain the tank first

K75.JPG

Buzz Killington

* coolant changed
* battery installed
* cleaned out the gas tank (the gas looked like beer, :hsugh:) and replaced the fuel filter
* oil was beautiful and clean, must have been changed as it was laid up - I replaced it with LubroMoly and reused the immaculate filter

Not starting yet, next step is plugs and injectors

Buzz Killington

changed the crankcase vent hose as the old one was split (very common)
got it to run for a few seconds on starting fluid, it generally caught each time and would run for a couple seconds then fart out, even with throttle and choke

I was hoping like an idiot that it would just clear the old gas in the lines and start running but I suppose I have to keep digging

Reactions: cjonesy22002

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
changed the crankcase vent hose as the old one was split (very common)
got it to run for a few seconds on starting fluid, it generally caught each time and would run for a couple seconds then fart out, even with throttle and choke

I was hoping like an idiot that it would just clear the old gas in the lines and start running but I suppose I have to keep digging
drain the float bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds