CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

mylegacy412

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2005
Bellevue
TBH it isn't really my riding style when I race, easy to do for the photo's but I really don't even drag knee much I never really ride using feel from the ground through my leg/arm.

FksLEvU.jpg
llWx8uq.jpg
2jf38Rs.jpg
I know that's why I teased you about it. 😉

Koby

Mar 13, 2003
Took the Grom for groceries. Nothing like riding home with an extra 25lbs of food on your back
Weird how much a little bit of weight changes the dynamics of a motorcycle.

One time I bought around 100lbs of weight plates and tossed them in the rear boxes of my Transalp, I almost crashed on the first tip in thinking it would feel just like riding with a passenger.

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
Weird how much a little bit of weight changes the dynamics of a motorcycle.

One time I bought around 100lbs of weight plates and tossed them in the rear boxes of my Transalp, I almost crashed on the first tip in thinking it would feel just like riding with a passenger.
Nothing like a chick fidgeting when you're doing a low speed maneuver. :noes:

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
Opinions on the husq 701 super moto? Sold my fz09 last year and getting the itch again. Don’t want sport or cruiser but want something that might still kill me if i push it too far ?

Reactions: cjonesy22002

ppzzus

Oct 13, 2003
Cincinnati
Opinions on the husq 701 super moto? Sold my fz09 last year and getting the itch again. Don’t want sport or cruiser but want something that might still kill me if i push it too far ?
I have a couple friends that have them, I've ridden a few. flat out that is not a sumo, a cool bike but it's just too big and heavy to be a sumo.

If you want the best all around sumo get a 500exc that has proper rims and suspension. I've been lusting over one for years.

Reactions: Nom

ppzzus

Oct 13, 2003
Cincinnati
I think my buddy with the 500 has a 2018 that's fully built out suspension wise. Has regular warp 9 rims. He's about 140-150 pounds. 60mph on the highway he slips the clutch and it stands right up to 12 o'clock. It's definitely not lacking power.

JointBeaker

packaging engineer #2
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
here.
got the calipers and wheel pulled, and new (to me) 08R1 forks slid back up. I did push the R1 axle thru, but haven't done anything else.

Tomorrow I'll do one more cleaning of the barrel on the R1 master cylinder, before that gets rebuilt, and things start getting finalized. I've never done anything like this myself, had a buddy that was going to help out, but he's a bitch, so I'm learning as I go.

XQhpfAs.jpg

0r93KEK.jpg

Reactions: Village Idiot

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
Fucking rock in the Pacific
After the flooding at work a couple weeks ago. I decided to move the 2 strokes onto one of the drive on lifts for the weekend as more heavy rains are expected.
I dodged several bullets last time as water got as high as 10 inches inside my storage sheds. luckily, none of the engines took on water and I only lost some hard to find spares for the race bikes.

bikes on the lift.jpeg
bikes on the lift 2.jpeg

JointBeaker

packaging engineer #2
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
here.
Got a bit further last night, brought out the torque wrench and snug'd up axle bolt, pinch bolts, calipers...and completely forgot to spec the bolts in the triple tree. Do that tomorrow....

Should probably replace banjo bolts and crush washers all around. Spiegler still the way to go?

ltKp3S5.jpg

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
Fucking rock in the Pacific
Got a bit further last night, brought out the torque wrench and snug'd up axle bolt, pinch bolts, calipers...and completely forgot to spec the bolts in the triple tree. Do that tomorrow....

Should probably replace banjo bolts and crush washers all around. Spiegler still the way to go?

ltKp3S5.jpg
I've been getting caliper rebuild kits from Brake Crafters and brake lines from Core Moto

Reactions: JointBeaker

diaper eater

OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2003
mpls, minnesota
Took the Grom for groceries. Nothing like riding home with an extra 25lbs of food on your back
Lol I used to ride around with a 24 pack of beer in my backpack. Sure throws weight to the inside in corners quickly.

Also I cant believe how much riding I used to do with a backpack full of shit. I'm lucky I didn't crash and get those things implanted into my back

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I keep wanting to try dirt riding and get a DRZ400SM (can only fit one bike in the garage, so I'd have to sell my FZ8).

But then I ride my FZ8 and it's a blast. Worried that the DRZ won't be as much fun on the street (twisties) as the FZ is, and that I won't enjoy dirt riding (or be able to find it around here.... no truck/trailer to transport the bike).

:sad2:

I figure I could get the DRZ, ride it for a few years, then if I don't like it, I could buy a used MT09 and it'd be a win-win. :hmm: :dunno:

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
I keep wanting to try dirt riding and get a DRZ400SM (can only fit one bike in the garage, so I'd have to sell my FZ8).

But then I ride my FZ8 and it's a blast. Worried that the DRZ won't be as much fun on the street (twisties) as the FZ is, and that I won't enjoy dirt riding (or be able to find it around here.... no truck/trailer to transport the bike).

:sad2:

I figure I could get the DRZ, ride it for a few years, then if I don't like it, I could buy a used MT09 and it'd be a win-win. :hmm: :dunno:
DRZ is such an overweight pig imo.

So many better, modern options.

• Support
Reactions: Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds