CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
Fucking rock in the Pacific
Almost done with this one
Caliper brackets are crude looking I know, but I'm planning to make better ones. Wheels all painted, cable clutch conversion done. Just a couple more small details and it'll be on the road.
7mahZs5.jpeg

oMjXzuI.jpeg

Ujij0v6.jpeg

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
they're completely different bikes but something is just, more gratifying about riding the zx6r fast. loud af, shoots 2'-3' flames and loves to rev out. time will tell if selling the R1 was a mcsteak :hs:

Reactions: Village Idiot

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
they're completely different bikes but something is just, more gratifying about riding the zx6r fast. loud af, shoots 2'-3' flames and loves to rev out. time will tell if selling the R1 was a mcsteak :hs:
I had a 2015 R1, and while it was a beast of a bike it wasn't as fun as beating up on my Sunday ride buddies as my CBR600F3 was. Once I finish the GSXR I'll be back into my 89 Hawk project and the 92 ZX7R resto-mod.

Reactions: haze

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
I had a 2015 R1, and while it was a beast of a bike it wasn't as fun as beating up on my Sunday ride buddies as my CBR600F3 was. Once I finish the GSXR I'll be back into my 89 Hawk project and the 92 ZX7R resto-mod.
:werd: maybe it's having to work to get the most out of them or that you're actually able to push the bike close to the limit on the street :dunno: the setup on my 2015 zx6 is similar to this:

120 whp :eek: you expect an r1 to be fast af but this is easily the most impressive 600 i've ever owned. love the little thing

Village Idiot

I'm dying ova heaaa
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
:werd: maybe it's having to work to get the most out of them or that you're actually able to push the bike close to the limit on the street :dunno: the setup on my 2015 zx6 is similar to this:

120 whp :eek: you expect an r1 to be fast af but this is easily the most impressive 600 i've ever owned. love the little thing

just be careful of transmission issues. But yeah, it is far more rewarding to be able to ride around bigger bikes

Reactions: haze

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Thinking about this for next year.. :hmm:

ktm-890-adventure.jpg

edit: Just got back from the dealer. Sat on one. It just seems small/basic for $14k+tax, not to mention that it's ugly as sin. :yikes:

They're doing a demo day at Alices on Mar 26, so I'm gonna try to get there early and sign up for a demo ride on one.
All the youtube videos, reviews, etc, all love the bike, but seeing one in person was just underwhelming.
We'll see after the demo ride. :dunno:

ktm_orange.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
did you just pick that up?
No, those are just pics I saved from reviews I've read. Not me. :(
Thinking about it for next year. Just spent a buttload for 26k mile maintenance on my FZ8, so I'm going to keep riding it this season before getting something new.

Last edited:
Reactions: mylegacy412

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Should have bought the DCT model last year when you were flapping your gums. :scootin:
I know, I know. Timing wasn't quite right though, and in any case the only one I could find was in that burgundy color. I know I'm buying an old man bike, but I can't buy burgundy.

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
I know, I know. Timing wasn't quite right though, and in any case the only one I could find was in that burgundy color. I know I'm buying an old man bike, but I can't buy burgundy.
The DCT had my nipples erect.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971