CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
V4 is too much. V2 might be comparable though. :hmm:
Requirements are: Light, sporty, flickable, and under $15k OTD.
But I think a Ducati is too fancy for me. I'd be worried about dropping/damaging it. :yikes:
MTS-V2-MY22-Model-Preview-1050x650.png

Last edited:

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
But I think a Ducati is too fancy for me. I'd be worried about dropping/damaging it. :yikes:
You deserve it :scootin:

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX

I’ve seen a dude on a KTM adventure 890 flip his bike end over end 5 times doing around60mph. We made sure he was ok and then turn the bike on like nothing… :coold:

• Love
Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Fuuuu.... never meet your heroes. :yikes:

They actually had both the 890 Adventure R and S at the demo. Rode the Adventure S.

Not impressed at all. :yikes:
Coming from my FZ8's I4 to the KTM was like riding a tractor. Engine was rough, vibratey, almost like there was gravel in the crankcase.
Acceleration was meh... my FZ has a +3 rear, so that probably skews my impression, but for all the praise the engine and the bike gets, it's really kinda bland.

I don't know, maybe offroad it's wonderful, but for onroad it's boring and average.

Definitely not worth $14k.

ktm_demo_day.jpg

ppzzus

Oct 13, 2003
Cincinnati
Fuuuu.... never meet your heroes. :yikes:

They actually had both the 890 Adventure R and S at the demo. Rode the Adventure S.

Not impressed at all. :yikes:
Coming from my FZ8's I4 to the KTM was like riding a tractor. Engine was rough, vibratey, almost like there was gravel in the crankcase.
Acceleration was meh... my FZ has a +3 rear, so that probably skews my impression, but for all the praise the engine and the bike gets, it's really kinda bland.

I don't know, maybe offroad it's wonderful, but for onroad it's boring and average.

Definitely not worth $14k.

View attachment 207261
:hsugh: it's an off-road bike compared to a street bike

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
:hsugh: it's an off-road bike compared to a street bike
Yeah, I considered that. And was planning on riding the Duke 890 afterwards to see how it feels, but after my ride the only open spot would have been around 4pm and I didn't want to wait around.
But my hunch is that with the same engine in the Duke, it's probably going to have the same roughness.

Which, compared to an inline 4, it's just :weak:

Apart from the engine, the ride wasn't bad... it was smooth and stable (soft suspension + low center of gravity). But I just didn't like the engine. :nope:

Still the GOAT. :nod:

still_goat.jpg

ppzzus

Oct 13, 2003
Cincinnati
Yeah, I considered that. And was planning on riding the Duke 890 afterwards to see how it feels, but after my ride the only open spot would have been around 4pm and I didn't want to wait around.
But my hunch is that with the same engine in the Duke, it's probably going to have the same roughness.

Which, compared to an inline 4, it's just :weak:

Apart from the engine, the ride wasn't bad... it was smooth and stable (soft suspension + low center of gravity). But I just didn't like the engine. :nope:

Still the GOAT. :nod:

View attachment 207264
I mean they call it the "fz-easy" for a reason

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
When I was at lean back there was 2-3 dudes with those. They were stunting then hard. Seat standers, leg draped over the front head light at 12 o clock. Absolutely killing it :rofl:
Man I feel like if was gonna stunt on a mini I’d go with a cheap grom! Monkey is so classic and cute bahahaha

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
@Junkie School me on the FJ09/Tracer
I assume with decent tires, it will handle off pavement jaunts well? :hmm:

michelin_anakee_adventure_tires_750x750.jpg

But I dunno.... on BARF, RoundBoy has a 2014 FZ09 for sale for $6k with only 7k miles on it.
After I try out offroad riding in April, if it doesn't completely grab me, I think maybe the FZ09 might be the best option.

Especially considering one of my secret sub-goals is to learn how to wheelie :o
I just thought that would be easier on dirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjonesy22002

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971