CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
rode with a buddy yesterday. Swapped for a while and it was my first time on the ktm 690. The updated bike over my 701 is really nice and now i want one

wge0Yyj.jpg

2SaMRqw.jpg

Ive been wantine a hypermotard for awhile but just didnt want to spend the extra money

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
rode with a buddy yesterday. Swapped for a while and it was my first time on the ktm 690. The updated bike over my 701 is really nice and now i want one

wge0Yyj.jpg

2SaMRqw.jpg

Ive been wantine a hypermotard for awhile but just didnt want to spend the extra money
Aren't they the same bike?

forgetdis

May 5, 2011
2015 rc390 and im bord of it
never used on a track but can its got a rattle-can paint job

Also its been a headache always leaking or something going on

want rs660 nao

• Wow
Reactions: mylegacy412

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Yeah, I considered that. And was planning on riding the Duke 890 afterwards to see how it feels, but after my ride the only open spot would have been around 4pm and I didn't want to wait around.
But my hunch is that with the same engine in the Duke, it's probably going to have the same roughness.

Which, compared to an inline 4, it's just :weak:

Apart from the engine, the ride wasn't bad... it was smooth and stable (soft suspension + low center of gravity). But I just didn't like the engine. :nope:

Still the GOAT. :nod:

View attachment 207264
Tell me you know nothing about off road oriented bikes by telling me you know absolutely nothing about off road oriented bikes.

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
For the most part. The 690 has adjustable maps, traction control and a few other goodies my 701 does not have. 701 is a 18 and 690 is brand new
Funny how it's gone back and forth. I very nearly sold my '16 690 Enduro, which was great at everything from Bay Area commuting to riding the Baja 1000 course, to get an '18 701 Enduro. The 701 clearly had a bit more power and was more refined but wasn't worth the trade up cost.

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Almost ready to register and ride. Wheels painted, carbs cleaned. Gotta fab a chain guard and license plate light.
UbS2Qqd.jpeg
That is Cool as Ice.
I can just picture the neon parachute pants billowing in the breeze as the black and white checkerboard Vans slip-ons click the shifter into 6th. :coold:

• Haha
Reactions: Village Idiot

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Gonna be buying the 2014 FZ-09 next weekend. Just got back from trying it out.
Lotta fun, but will need some work different bars, grips, mirrors.

Also hoping that the stage 2 silencer for the M4 exhaust will help.... I think it has the stage 1 right now but it's still WAY too loud. :mad:

attachment.php

Last edited:

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
2015 rc390 and im bord of it
never used on a track but can its got a rattle-can paint job

Also its been a headache always leaking or something going on

want rs660 nao
What kind of problems have you had? I have a 2017 as a track bike that I just bought last year and have not had problems yet, but I have not put too much mileage on it yet. First track day is next Friday, I am getting excited.

• Love
Reactions: mylegacy412

forgetdis

May 5, 2011
What kind of problems have you had? I have a 2017 as a track bike that I just bought last year and have not had problems yet, but I have not put too much mileage on it yet. First track day is next Friday, I am getting excited.
So its had it's fair share of leaks, seals smoking issues.
It runs hot if you don't mod it.
At 10k now I'm burning a little oil.

Also the oil kicks back into the airbox on hard.rides.

I got this from a minister who had if idk why in Redlands it was spray bombed matte black missing a few bits no matching keys. Anyway figured I'd flip it ...
3 years later it's still here

It does ride well and for a small displacement it's fun. Mor than my 2 banger ape. But I'm old now and want a tad bigger bike to impress chicks on

Rs660?

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Thinking about replacing the M4 with a stock exhaust system. It's just too loud. :nope:

I found a salvage yard in Sacramento on ebay selling one for $200. Just have to wait to hear back from the ECU flash shop as to what changes are needed to their modified ECU.

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Thinking about replacing the M4 with a stock exhaust system. It's just too loud. :nope:

I found a salvage yard in Sacramento on ebay selling one for $200. Just have to wait to hear back from the ECU flash shop as to what changes are needed to their modified ECU.
Plz tell me you used 2 Wheel Dynoworks for your flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971