CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

1JZSC

Oct 10, 2006
North Shore
Goodbye Tuono, been a fun few years but im going back to a superduke. Gonna miss the sound, still the best sounding engine on the planet
samWxZE.jpg

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Swapped out the M4 exhaust for the new stock muffler. But when trying to remove the old exhaust I found all the exhaust studs were bent.
Luckily I had bought a torx socket set a couple months back when I had to remove the seat bolts in the Mazda, so I was able to remove the studs without damage.

Of course now it's probably gonna be like 2-3 weeks before Chaparrel sends the new studs/nuts, but :dunno:
So Chaparrel sent 2 of the 6 studs about a week after I placed the order, then after another week I get an email saying the remaining 4 studs are not available and my order is cancelled. :mad:

Luckily the local Yamaha dealer says they'll be able to get the studs in 3-5 days. But they cost 2x what Chaparrel was charging ($6/each vs $13/each :yikes: )

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
So Chaparrel sent 2 of the 6 studs about a week after I placed the order, then after another week I get an email saying the remaining 4 studs are not available and my order is cancelled. :mad:

Luckily the local Yamaha dealer says they'll be able to get the studs in 3-5 days. But they cost 2x what Chaparrel was charging ($6/each vs $13/each :yikes: )
Do you not have a fastenal or similar near you? Amazes me when people order OE hardware.

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯

love chapmoto for tires :cool:

cRaZe

3rd world slummin
Aug 14, 2000
Southern Philippines
In my defense I took that pic a day after I bought that tire. It's since gone down by about half :hs:

Our roads here ARE NOT confidence inspiring enough to go full lean. I live at the base of a mountain windy route that's about 20 miles one way but it's notoriously full of sand on the corners due to runoff from the rain and not enough traffic to scrub it over time. Also a lot of random stones the size of my fist are laying on the road some days. Most corners are a delicate balance between fun and playing the lottery. The surface of the road itself is mostly raw bumpy concrete with shitty texture patterns with the occasional asphalt stretch. 3rd world problems.

• Love
Reactions: Wolf

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
I think I like the black fender better with the red tank. I see you also went for the rich man's exhaust. Mine are chinese chop shop headers with the muffler being handmade in Manila. $300 total but it sounds good to me so I'm happy. No rust after almost a year in coastal tropical climate.

Honestly I bought it thinking the headers were gonna be titanium…:but only the canister is. 😒 Still happy with the sound and look. Would have been cool to have those blues and purples all along those headers.

Thinking of changing that fender for a carbon fiber and bar end mirrors soon…

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Just got a call. Think my FZ8 is finally sold. It's been at the consignment shop for about 6 weeks for $5500.
Shop just called saying someone was there offering $4800.
I said "do it".

Shop takes a 12% consignment fee, so I'm still getting ~$4200 for it. Not too bad.
I paid $6200 for it 8 years ago. :nod:

cRaZe

3rd world slummin
Aug 14, 2000
Southern Philippines
Honestly I bought it thinking the headers were gonna be titanium…:but only the canister is. 😒 Still happy with the sound and look. Would have been cool to have those blues and purples all along those headers.

Thinking of changing that fender for a carbon fiber and bar end mirrors soon…
They've got a ton of those colored headers here in our local market. Definitely a user preference thing. I thought they were horrendous. They sell them for about $200 and you can just get your own slip on.

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Studs arrived today. Just installed and fired the bike up with the stock muffler for the first time.

:bowdown:

So awesome. Way better than the M4 it had on when I bought it.
Will finally be able to go for a ride again. It's been over a month. Got the new handlebars on and new exhaust.

Will have to make an appointment to get the fork springs installed.

Reactions: cjonesy22002

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971