North Shore
picked up the duke today
KgLusKY.png

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
i was behind a buddy of mine out near Campo, CA doing ~140 when a pigeon pulled this same move :rofl:

edit: idk if true youtube comment "The bird went through his visor. Still got a third place on the Supertwin with two black eyes. Legend." :eek: if so

Last edited:

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I wanted to stuff one of those engines into my FZR400 chassis
I'm still getting used to it.
Compared to the FZ8, the engine has more vibrations and I keep thinking there's something mechanically wrong.

The FZ8 was just so smooth when you revved it. Just vrooooooooommmm; perfectly balanced. The triple is alright, but feels less refined. Like the metal-to-metal components weren't polished as smoothly as with the FZ8.

When I had the fork springs installed, I asked the shop to ride it around a bit and do an inspection. They said it was perfect. :dunno:
I guess that's just how it's supposed to run.

mangid

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
San Diego
Is it possible that plugs could be old/fouled enough to run with starting fluid but not with gas?

I have new plugs sitting around and have not gotten around to gapping and installing them because the bike was catching on starting fluid and was otherwise seemingly well-maintained.
Plugs are probably not your problem

mangid

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
San Diego
image28.jpeg

Got some new mirrors. I was going through a bunch of different sets of ebay ones just to figure out what I liked. I like bar ends the most but they make the bike wider than I like for lane filtering, so I ended up with Motogadget glassless stem mounts.

I also changed up the frame sliders. It's a good thing I did, because the previous owner left a 16mm socket stuck inside the right side one (how? it's an allen head) and the left side one was coming out by hand.

Everything that this guy did to this bike was done poorly. When I removed the gas tank covers to get at the ECU, I found out that the actual gas tank is missing the top mounting bolts and the tank is just resting there by gravity.

New ones are on order, but that's like the fifth thing I've had to look up and order OEM because this dude couldn't be bothered to do shit right.

image29.jpeg

Anyway, the new shifter and tune are insanely good. All of the low-speed on/off throttle problems are gone, engine braking is reduced a good amount, the bike pulls hard as fuck, and upshift/downshift works flawlessly. It was done by VCycleNut using the Woolich software for any of you guys that have these bikes.

Last edited:
  • Support
Reactions: cjonesy22002

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971