Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Did you tell them who you are ? :mamoru2:
bOmcMUU.gif

Reactions: Wolf and nosaj

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
This thing is stupid amounts of fun. Took it on some twisties that follow along the coastline by my house and had a fucking blast. Pic sucks, I didn’t have a lot of time tonight and wanted to spend as much of it on the bike as possible.

LBsyHsL.jpg
How big is the footprint? I’ve been looking for something to trailer up to the mountains once a month or so.

Gavin

May 5, 2001
Early years of FZ09's didn't have traction control, ABS, had a softer suspension, and a twitchy engine mapping. Combine that with a pretty lively engine and you could potentially get into issues. Though unless you're riding and being very aggressive AND experience head shake due to it, a steering stabilizer wouldn't be high on my list. I'd probably do tires/suspension, flash ECU and get seat time.

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
How big is the footprint? I’ve been looking for something to trailer up to the mountains once a month or so.

Small, it fits straight on in my 5.6” short box and I can adjust the tailgate to be 1/4 closed. It would be so perfect in the mountains.

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
How tall are you? Does it feel smaller than a modern 600cc Sport Bike?

5’11 185ish and it does feel smaller and more narrow than say a CBR but at 330lbs dry and a tight wheelbase it’s insanely flickable. My dad has a Harley 1200 and this would eat it up, it feels much faster than it should be for the power specs.

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
are you looking at vintage stuff?

cops around here don't really care too much about bikes
Leaning that way only because they tend to be lower displacement, easier for me to work on, and more interesting. I should just get off my dead ass and tow my bike in to the shop, it's just a hassle.

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
Did a Royal Enfield demo day. Holy crap the classic 350 is fun to ride. Although it is not fast the engine is great. Massive torque from the bottom and a great thump at idle yet no vibes when you are riding. I was smiling in my helmet the whole time. Less than $5K I am seriously thinking about adding one to the garage.

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
Headed up to ohio next wekend for the AMA vintage days weekend at Mid Ohio.

Pretty excited just to hang for the weekend.

Bringing 701 supermoto and Knobbies Grom just for fun

• Love
Reactions: Wolf

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Did a Royal Enfield demo day. Holy crap the classic 350 is fun to ride. Although it is not fast the engine is great. Massive torque from the bottom and a great thump at idle yet no vibes when you are riding. I was smiling in my helmet the whole time. Less than $5K I am seriously thinking about adding one to the garage.

That thing looks fucking awesome in the desert sand color

Reactions: shallow777

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Early years of FZ09's didn't have traction control, ABS, had a softer suspension, and a twitchy engine mapping. Combine that with a pretty lively engine and you could potentially get into issues. Though unless you're riding and being very aggressive AND experience head shake due to it, a steering stabilizer wouldn't be high on my list. I'd probably do tires/suspension, flash ECU and get seat time.
Bought the bike with suspension already upgraded and ECU flashed.
Already swapped the handbars once, but have a different set I want to try.
(the $80 aluminum Protaper bars aren't exactly what I want.... so I'm going with the same $20 steel Trackside universal bars that I had on my FZ8 :coold: )

If the front still feels light after that, I might go with the stabilizer. :hmm:

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Question for you guys. A friend is selling a 1973 CB750 SOHC for $2500 and he asked me if I had any interest. I have very little motorcycle experience outside of some limited time on dirt bikes and very limited time on a GXR600 when I was much younger. The bike needs a little work but runs alright, carbs need some work, and I've been half-heartedly looking for a cafe racer project for a bit now to work on in my free time. So my question is what would OT do here? Am I going to kill myself on a 750, albeit an older one, as my first real bike?

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Question for you guys. A friend is selling a 1973 CB750 SOHC for $2500 and he asked me if I had any interest. I have very little motorcycle experience outside of some limited time on dirt bikes and very limited time on a GXR600 when I was much younger. The bike needs a little work but runs alright, carbs need some work, and I've been half-heartedly looking for a cafe racer project for a bit now to work on in my free time. So my question is what would OT do here? Am I going to kill myself on a 750, albeit an older one, as my first real bike?
CB750 is a classic.. If you can afford it, I say go for it.
Power isn't going to be anywhere close to a modern 600 supersport, so don't let the displacement worry you.

honda-cb750-cafe-racer-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971