CREW Motorcycle Crew Thread - Hooligan Hoedown

Gavin

May 5, 2001
Bought the bike with suspension already upgraded and ECU flashed.
Already swapped the handbars once, but have a different set I want to try.
(the $80 aluminum Protaper bars aren't exactly what I want.... so I'm going with the same $20 steel Trackside universal bars that I had on my FZ8 :coold: )

If the front still feels light after that, I might go with the stabilizer. :hmm:
The front feeling light is due to how strong the engine acceleration is. New bars or a stabilizer won't make that feeling different. If you end up lifting the front wheel and you get head shake, then that's where a stabilizer would help. For what you describe, you might just want to ride in a softer ECU map until you want to get more rowdy.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Appreciate it guys! I'm going to assume you're being helpful and kind, and not just trying to rub me out of the gene pool. I really appreciate the two cents!
A lot of the CB customs I see people riding around here are the 450 or 550. The 750 is super desirable but harder to find. :bowdown:

Reactions: bigben14

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
Question for you guys. A friend is selling a 1973 CB750 SOHC for $2500 and he asked me if I had any interest. I have very little motorcycle experience outside of some limited time on dirt bikes and very limited time on a GXR600 when I was much younger. The bike needs a little work but runs alright, carbs need some work, and I've been half-heartedly looking for a cafe racer project for a bit now to work on in my free time. So my question is what would OT do here? Am I going to kill myself on a 750, albeit an older one, as my first real bike?

I have a 78 cb750K

You’ll only kill yourself if it is poorly maintained and something catastrophically fails….but you’ll only be going 60-70mph max. :rofl:

Also…Unless you have money to spend on mechanics keeping it running or you are willing to spend time fixing it yourself than go for it.

Great bikes and look cool as fuck but it’s gonna have issues eventually…be prepared.

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
Hasnt run in like 2 years but decided to bring my Grom back from dead to ride around next weekend at the AMA vintage races.

Decided it needed a change so I threw a set of knobbies on it. Should be fun to fuck aorund on

nKPJBMx.jpg

lU7ai3H.jpg

AgN9tcu.jpg

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
Hasnt run in like 2 years but decided to bring my Grom back from dead to ride around next weekend at the AMA vintage races.

Decided it needed a change so I threw a set of knobbies on it. Should be fun to fuck aorund on

nKPJBMx.jpg

lU7ai3H.jpg

AgN9tcu.jpg
Friend has two z125 for her and her husband. They keep trying to talk me into buying one. They’re fun to goof around on but feel uncomfortably small for me.

Been looking at a drz for 2nd bike or a w250r, tw200, xt250. Something that size to toss in the truck and go places.

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
So fender eliminators for this thing are like 150-200 shipped CAD. So I grabbed a $9 universal one off Amazon and wanted to try my hand at some hacking.

I didn’t have to try too hard.

uMeeMgs.jpg

$9 :bowrofl:

Yeah my shed is messy af right now

Be careful with the Chinese fake metal types…I bought one and it ended up snapping off after a couple hundred miles from the vibration. Luckily the wires kept me from losing my plates completely.

Ending up making my own from thin sheet metal from Home Depot

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
1uXx4Sj.jpg

Got some different bar end mirrors, not a fan of the blue tint but I don’t care enough to change them out. $60 in parts made this look like it should have from the factory, every time I’m out someone wants to ask about it

190 miles on it in two weeks, I can’t stay off the thing.

Yes my lawn sucks. Between work, an 8 month old and riding, there is no time. That’s a fall problem

tenxia

OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Pale Blue Dot
1uXx4Sj.jpg

Got some different bar end mirrors, not a fan of the blue tint but I don’t care enough to change them out. $60 in parts made this look like it should have from the factory, every time I’m out someone wants to ask about it

190 miles on it in two weeks, I can’t stay off the thing.

Yes my lawn sucks. Between work, an 8 month old and riding, there is no time. That’s a fall problem
I hate their stupid dash but otherwise, had a great time riding a Husky.

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
I hate their stupid dash but otherwise, had a great time riding a Husky.
It’s got..quirks

I was out last night and noticed my fuel seemed lower than it should be and coasted into some pumps in the middle of nowhere on my last bar, low fuel light screaming at me. I filled it and it barely took maybe half a tank to fill. Turns out it’s a big issue on the groups and it’s easier to just track using your trip odo. Also Neutral is impossible to find, it’s like a minuscule twitch of a big toe hair to get it in.

I chalk it up to European bike weirdness

Hoodoo

OT Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
What is OT’s thought on the FJ09? Eyeing one to commute on.

Little expensive for the year but so is everything else (2015, $7k, 10,000 miles)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971