GAME Mount & Blade.

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
Anyone playing it? I remember playing the original a year or so ago, stopped playing when my OG computer died and just recently picked up the package deal off steam with warbands and fire & steel.

Guns are so boss in the latest game, i miss the horse combat too... something satisfying about landing a solid axe hit to some dudes face while in a dead run on a horse :bowdown:

WyldKat

Come with me if you want to live.
Apr 13, 2004
Indy
I play Warband every now and then. Still disappointed that the multiplayer isn't anything like the awesome single player campaign, I'm speaking of the 4X elements of course.

With Fire and Sword looked really Meh to me. There are a ton of firearms mods for Wardband. I guess the price is right for it though.

I don't exactly play Mount&Blade to play with guns...

Chaotix

Aug 19, 2004
On the Grid
I bought during the sale too. Played a good amount of the original M&B, got hooked, tried warband, and now I cant see myself going back and playing the first one.

Combat is very fun. I would have to say my favorite attack is going full force with a polearm and instant killing ground troops.

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC Sensation 4G Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Find high ground and have your muskets stand there ground, and have cavalry stay at the base of the hill behind the muskets. When the enemy comes rushing to attack they get mauled by a onslaught of bullets from the hill,then get rushed by the cavalry....who if planned correct will come afound the hill rather than over.
That tactic alone has routed many,if not completely destroying them in a fatal swoop

PC Principle

Mar 12, 2004
Fuck yes Warband is so addicting. Got it during the current Steam sale and my battle hardened Nord calvary completely pwns everything. :bowdown:

it's tim

Apr 16, 2007
MD
Mount & Musket (mm russia 3, or something) mod w/ line battle communities - very fun.

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
have a army of 82 now, mainly marksmen with a section of infantry pikemen and another section of cavalry.

basuic battle plan is find highground nearby if possible, then have marksmen line up in double line,spread out. pikemen in front in a single line. and cavalry with me.

wait for enemy to show, usually rushing straight to me, depending on enemy type dictates next move.

if its cavalry based enemys i stand ground and let them get tangled up with the pikemen then get slaughtered by marksmen.

if its infantry based i do the same but have the cavalry charge ahead of time to disperse them and help the marksmen pick them off.

having veteran men and special quest related npc's on the team definitely help. MY army is a cobblestone of various nations and whatnot, i try to go after groups that are holding prisoners as i can then recruit the prisoners.. marskmen of the secret department,winged hussars are my favorite...also tend to use mercenary men a good bit...also the tavern have became a good spot for recruiting a good amount of men on the cheap.

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
holy shit fought a big battle and captured laboda, a colonel and also in the loot screen got a masterwork pistol. thing is fucking beast. i carry 32 bullets and can decimate a army. almost every shot i take i get a kill on. its super fucking accurate. i love it.

Chaotix

Aug 19, 2004
On the Grid
Also dueled another lord for the love of a princess and it was interesting. I think in my next playthrough I'm just going to go around cock blocking the kingdoms.

W3rd

Jan 29, 2005
Picked up the original + warband. I suck at it, but it's still fun.

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
once you get the hang of it and get a decent army with you its fun. youll find out how you like to play and build the army from there....

in warband im about 50% marksmen 30% infantry(pikes,halbeirdiers) 20% elite hussars,winged hussars,reiters

works out pretty well have the infantry form a defensive line with the pikes. have marksmen behind form one dense line then a staggered line one behind the other, and have cavalry follow me. when the army hits the defense line flank with the cavalry and come from behind....

recently took on a 170+ army with my 90+ army. followed the same tactic and as soon as i flanked and came behind at least half of the enemy army split and ran.

Lukkie

OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
can someone give me some general pointers for this game lol... i can get an army of like 60 but then i cant find anyone to fight. all the random mobs run away too fast for me and i cant fight any of the other factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan