Moved from California last year and I already want to move back

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
I would agree, yours is likely a rare opinion.

But, my damn Sister did the exact thing.

Peak of pandemic, my Sister and her Husband decided that San Diego was no longer for them. They lived there since 2001, raised three kids but were done.
Sold their house outside of El Cajon and moved East.

Bought a house in Wilmington, NC, 5 minutes from the Ocean. They were in the Wilmington house for less than 9 months and were miserable.

Sold the Wilmington house after 10 months, somehow somehow more or less broke even/some profit and moved back to San Diego.
They are in an AirBnB near Mount Helix in San Diego right now and are browsing for their next home.

All in all, they estimated they are out around $80 thousand dollars in miscellaneous everything costs related to moving coast to coast, twice, basically within a year.

I found it colossally ignorant, but they are rich and I am not.

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
OT Supporter
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California

Peak of pandemic, my Sister and her Husband decided that San Diego was no longer for them. They lived there since 2001, raised three kids but were done.

Bought a house in Wilmington, NC, 5 minutes from the Ocean. They were in the Wilmington house for less than 9 months and were miserable.

Sold the Wilmington house after 10 months, somehow somehow more or less broke even/some profit and moved back to San Diego.
They are in an AirBnB near Mount Helix in San Diego right now and are browsing for their next home.

All in all, they estimated they are out around $80 thousand dollars in miscellaneous everything costs related to moving coast to coast, twice, basically within a year.

Ouch. What specifically did they not like about the move?

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA

What didn't they like about NC?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy