Moved from California last year and I already want to move back

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
My sister had a laundry list of items.
First, she said the humidity made her sick and she couldn't adjust. Rich people have the permission to not adjust.

Separately, she said the Wilmington water was hurting her skin. Apparently, there was something to that and she had to start seeing a dermatologist and she was breaking out and had other problems.

No friends in NC, they both claimed they didn't like the food that was available.
Husband struggled with flight availability out of that airport for his business trips. Further, he opined that it was easier for him to travel and work starting on West Coast and he didn't anticipate that.

Likely the most important reason, 2 of their kids still in San Diego. One graduated, one still in SDSU and they missed each other.

In the end, they could afford to do it and did. Insane to me, but I do love San Diego and have enjoyed my yearly visits.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
I would agree, yours is likely a rare opinion.

But, my damn Sister did the exact thing.

Peak of pandemic, my Sister and her Husband decided that San Diego was no longer for them. They lived there since 2001, raised three kids but were done.
Sold their house outside of El Cajon and moved East.

Bought a house in Wilmington, NC, 5 minutes from the Ocean. They were in the Wilmington house for less than 9 months and were miserable.

Sold the Wilmington house after 10 months, somehow somehow more or less broke even/some profit and moved back to San Diego.
They are in an AirBnB near Mount Helix in San Diego right now and are browsing for their next home.

All in all, they estimated they are out around $80 thousand dollars in miscellaneous everything costs related to moving coast to coast, twice, basically within a year.

I found it colossally ignorant, but they are rich and I am not.
10 months doesn't really sound long enough to fairly judge a place, settle in, and build a social network.

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
OT Supporter
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California
First, she said the humidity made her sick and she couldn't adjust. Rich people have the permission to not adjust.

Separately, she said the Wilmington water was hurting her skin. Apparently, there was something to that and she had to start seeing a dermatologist and she was breaking out and had other problems.

No friends in NC, they both claimed they didn't like the food that was available.
Husband struggled with flight availability out of that airport for his business trips. Further, he opined that it was easier for him to travel and work starting on West Coast and he didn't anticipate that.

Likely the most important reason, 2 of their kids still in San Diego. One graduated, one still in SDSU and they missed each other.

In the end, they could afford to do it and did. Insane to me, but I do love San Diego and have enjoyed my yearly visits.
Lol you’re so polite

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon

so in other words they did exactly jack shit when it comes to research.

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
so in other words they did exactly jack shit when it comes to research.
One factor took them to Wilmington.
She works in media (Producing/Acting) and during pandemic, everything was in flux and apparently several things she was interested in (or already committed to) were going to be done in Wilmington.

That was apparently the level of research that was done to buy an 850k home and sell it within a year.

TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
I think the funniest thing is people here are like "why did you move from sunny southern California??"

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
One factor took them to Wilmington.
She works in media (Producing/Acting) and during pandemic, everything was in flux and apparently several things she was interested in (or already committed to) were going to be done in Wilmington.

That was apparently the level of research that was done to buy an 850k home and sell it within a year.
Rich and regarded. An odd yet unsurprising combo.

Rucktardo Montalbán

autism speaks
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2004
compass card is spinning
10 months doesn't really sound long enough to fairly judge a place, settle in, and build a social network.

Random issues or depression and some people will run from their problems seeking happiness in a new environment not realizing what they're really doing or that it isn't going to help. Or maybe it was the dumb fucks everywhere with constant loud and in your face shitty opinions and politics.

TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
VA suburbs suck that’s your problem.
lol probably true. I did live in Richmond and the fan before. I still remember hearing gunshots in my first Richmond apartment and hearing about someone getting killed during a robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld