ART Mt. Hope Cemetery C&C

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Went to the cemetery to try and get some shots in. Criticism welcome.

1)
2956509468_98376a6146_b.jpg

2)
2955660259_9df214736e_b.jpg

3)
2955692987_18769811ef_b.jpg

I was shooting ISO 200, but I think next time I'll bump it up. They were all a little dark when I imported them.

Gvidon

Oct 22, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Your vision and cemetery don't go together, i like your other pictures better.

And yes don't be afraid of high ISO, its there, use it.

TS
TS
hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Your vision and cemetery don't go together, i like your other pictures better.

And yes don't be afraid of high ISO, its there, use it.

Could you elaborate on my vision and cemetery don't go together? What about it is wrong? Details are going to help me more than anything.

Valence

Just a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude.
OT Supporter
In this case, would you have stuck with a 200 ISO or bumped it up?

200 isn't so bad. ISO and noise is really camera specific. Some do better and produce more or less noise at any given ISO. Depending on how tight you want to zoom / crop would depend on how much noise would be tolerable IMO. I'm sure 400 wouldn't hurt... but you probably could have used a bit of fill flash on the statue. The plaque is sort of boring, as it the monolith cross thing.

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
Hope you don't mind me editing them, but I like these better.

[InnnG]http://s206883303.onlinehome.us/joeyuploads/edited/pic-3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMnnnnnnG]http://s206883303.onlinehome.us/joeyuploads/edited/pic-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMnnnnnnnnG]http://s206883303.onlinehome.us/joeyuploads/edited/pic-2.jpg[/IMG]

i dont :wtc:

TS
TS
hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Although the dreariness of the 1st pic kind of adds to the photo considering it is a Cemetery.

So should I have used the fill flash? I need to get a better flash than the built-on one. It would have come out too harsh I think. I need to make a light diffuser on it.

I thought the sign would be pretty boring. I just thought it was interesting that Frederick Douglass was buried there.

I thought the cross was nice because of the lighting. Some other pictures I took were interesting because as the sun was setting, there was light shining on the cross, but everything around it was in shade so it really stuck out. But when combining the bright white cross with darker areas created some problems. The cross came out fine, and everything else was way too dark, or if I tried over exposing to show the other stuff, the cross looked like ass.

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don't mind the edit at all. I like how they look. Did you do? Obviously the colors are different, and you did some burning around some of them.

Changed the color temperature, played with exposure, blacks, small vignette.

i just thought it went better with the mood of the cemetery a bit better.

When I'm shooting, I try to take into account how I envision the shot looking as a final product (after post processing), and it sometimes helps me when I'm shooting.

TS
TS
hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY

When I'm shooting, I try to take into account how I envision the shot looking as a final product (after post processing), and it sometimes helps me when I'm shooting.

I always try to think that way, but I don't get certain visions like that. I never think to change it as drastically. But I do like it.

wrong1

Sep 12, 2004
socal
I like 1 and 3. On 1 I'd like to see more angel. On 3 I'd like to see it framed more like 1 but with cooler temps... and I liked the edited version better on both.

tenxia

OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Pale Blue Dot

hey xenon, i totally agree with you there. Your pp made me think of Tim Burton-esque things.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan