GUN MTAC Holster questions

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
I know I could look through tons of threads but I just need a quick couple answers:

Are they comfortable?

Can I get one that will hold both a G19 and a G26?

What are Smarties?

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Are there belts any good on there website? And whats velcro lining for?

TS
TS
dpixel8

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
No, not at all. But you need to stop thinking about the repercussions as simple "just a misdemeanor"

Very good information can be found here:
http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3889646&highlight=misdemeanor

I will read that. But my stance is that as long as it's A) not a felony, B) they won't take my guns away, I'd rather take the risk to be able to protect myself and my family. Only way I'd really get caught anyways is if I were breaking the law, or were in a bad car accident and it was found on me.

EDIT: :noes: at article

Burmonster

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I will read that. But my stance is that as long as it's A) not a felony, B) they won't take my guns away, I'd rather take the risk to be able to protect myself and my family. Only way I'd really get caught anyways is if I were breaking the law, or were in a bad car accident and it was found on me.
From that thread:

A Class A misdemeanor is 1 level below a Class 4 Felony

Don't even think you'll be getting your gun back when you leave or anytime soon. It's now evidence and will be held for trial

Burmonster

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
:hs: this is so fucking retarded. unreal really

Just be careful man.

GCO is pushing for a WI resident to be allowed to have a CCW permit from Georgia even though he has not permit residence here. Hopefully it will progress nicely and you will be able to apply and carry in GA if you ever come down this way :dunno:

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
if you didn't have the right to protect your loved ones, you simply would accept that? :dunno:
Odds are you'll be in a car wreck and paramedics will find your carry gun before you'll have to shoot someone in self defense. You being in jail as a result won't help your family out any.

TS
TS
dpixel8

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
Just be careful man.

GCO is pushing for a WI resident to be allowed to have a CCW permit from Georgia even though he has not permit residence here. Hopefully it will progress nicely and you will be able to apply and carry in GA if you ever come down this way :dunno:

going to get an out of state permit anyways. was thinking FL because I believe then I could carry in MN/FL and others.

but at this point I am thinking we might just move to MN. :hs:

somtehing is seriously wrong with our society in regards to this shit.

TS
TS
dpixel8

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
Odds are you'll be in a car wreck and paramedics will find your carry gun before you'll have to shoot someone in self defense. You being in jail as a result won't help your family out any.

I understand that ramification. Just didn't realize until now what a Class A Misdemeanor consisted of. That's why I asked.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
Now keep in mind that post linked to was regarding IL so wisconsins probably varies a little but I'm sure the general effect is the same.

TS
TS
dpixel8

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
can't you just OC?

general rule of thubm with that as most WI gun crew knows, is that is "legal" unless it causes a disturbance, and then it is considered disturbing the peace or something along those lines. another misdemeanor. plus I'd rather not advertise I have a gun. :rofl:

EDIT:

Wisconsins Assistant Attorney General Dave Perlman has a Q&A section on Wilenet.
He once again fielded a question about open carry. What irritates me about his answer is, first he posts that it's legal, but then goes on to say if it agitates someone it is not, and alludes that it may be disorderly conduct.

That seems to be the text book answer regarding OC in Wisconsin nowadays. And it's really starting to piss me off! If something is legal, it is legal whether someone approves or not! Especially when we are talking about conduct which is not just legal via statute (or lack of statute prohibiting such) but also constitutionally protected!

My question to Perlman will be, what if the subject leaves the store after being advised by the owner his gun isn't wanted? Is it still DC?

Dear Dave,
First off I am a fan of yours, you spoke at a training I was at and you do a great job with the material. My question is about disorderly conduct. It is my understanding that a subject merely using profanities directed at a Police Officer is not disorderly conduct if there are no citizens around to hear it. I had a call where a subject was wearing a handgun on his hip into a local business. The clerk asked him why he was wearing a gun. The subject responded that it is his right to carry, citing the right to bear arms and the fact that the weapon was not concealed. No one in the business had a problem with it as he is a long time, well known customer.
My question is that if disorderly conduct doesn’t apply to profanities with regards to Police Officers, if I am on duty in that same business when the guy comes in and no one in the business (employees) cares about it, is my being disturbed about it enough to charge the guy with DC? I guess my question is due to the now past practice of the business to allow him in there with a firearm.
Or I guess to shorten the question. Is it Disorderly conduct if only the Officer is disturbed by the presence of the firearm?
I was once told that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. I asked my Lieutenant and he gave me a puzzled look and said that’s a good question.
I also thought about state statute 167.31, Safe use and transportation of firearms and bows. I know, I know, consult my local district attorney for he or she is the legal authority in my county.

Dear Disturbed,
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.
Yes, it is a good question. Disorderly Conduct is always a finicky thing, even more so when it seeks to be applied to exposed weaponry, which is by itself legal conduct. From what you describe, just an officer being disturbed is probably not enough since the police have a whole different perspective on the issue. So, absent more of a commotion, I would say a DC charge would not fit. Now if he was a new customer and the clerk seemed agitated, then if he didn’t put it away when asked, you would have a different situation. Thanks for the question.

https://wilenet.org/secure/html/squadroom/deardave/index.htm

Last edited on Fri Nov 14th, 2008 11:56 am by pkbites

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19