CAR My 1999 eclipse, do you like it? :X v. trying to figure out wtf happened to the top

Alexqzilla

Dec 23, 2006
East Bay, California
I've had it for less than a year, 128k miles on it, runs beautifully, but it looks like someone poured acid on the top and scratched the hell out of it with an iron brush or something! Has anyone seen this before? Does it greatly reduce the value of it? :wtc:

pic0130117.jpg

pic0130115.jpg

pic0130118.jpg

Now for the bad part :hsd:

pic01301110.jpg

pic0130112.jpg

pic0130113.jpg

pic0130119.jpg

Do you like my car? :coolugh:

4W4K3

Dec 31, 2004
TX
Cali car, sitting in the sun all the time, probably washed once a year, never waxed, etc. It happens.

TS
TS
Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla

Dec 23, 2006
East Bay, California
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but the scratches are only concentrated in certain areas of the car, and it looks like it was brushed with the wrong type of tool. It's super rough in those spots and it's almost as if it had acid poured on it or something.

Why would sitting in the sun and not being washed only effect those spots? (The rest of the car is freaking pristine)

BlazinBlazer Guy

Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.
Jul 24, 2002
Lansing, MI USA
Why would sitting in the sun and not being washed only effect those spots? (The rest of the car is freaking pristine)

Because the horizontal surfaces get more exposure to sun than the vertical panels do.

You're talking to people who know what they're talking about here... just listen to what you're being told.

BLKDVLGSX

May 2, 2002
Buford, GA
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but the scratches are only concentrated in certain areas of the car, and it looks like it was brushed with the wrong type of tool. It's super rough in those spots and it's almost as if it had acid poured on it or something.

I've owned a DSM for over a decade, trust me i had the exact same thing happen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec