My 8 year old Aroma $20 rice cooker broke

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
My instant pot sits in a cabinet unless I’m making carnitas. I don’t leave it on the counter.

My Zojirushi sits on the counter though and the kids make rice themselves since it’s like a button click after washing the rice.
Yeah that's what I mean. In my kitchen storage the instapot takes up a ton of storage spa e

Reactions: mle

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
Had this for over 10 years. Keep warm doesn’t really work anymore but it still cooks rice perfectly.
Zojirushi NS-RPC10FJ Rice Cooker and Warmer, 5.5-Cup (Uncooked), Tulip

Reactions: Cicada

H-508

It's ETA, not H, you fck
Dec 16, 2000
We went the middle road for rice cooker and got a Korean brand: $99 when we bought it exactly a year ago and it's been perfect:

Cuckoo CR-0632F 6 Cup Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer

It's ran non-stop (cook 2-3 cups in the morning, finish it that day or the next where it's kept warming the whole time) pretty much for the whole year and it's been perfect. Takes about 20-25min so just as fast as the stove (and way faster than zoji). Super happy with it and I was def against another appliance but it's proved it's worth.

Reactions: Sonigal

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
I used to have a Panasonic rice cooker we got in Japan in the early 70s. Was a double boiler type system. Put the rice and water in the pot, then a cup of water in the actual rice cooker. Then a lid over the pot, then over the whole rice cooker. Made incredible rice. But the metal pot started deteriorating and I had to toss it.

Haven't found anything that makes rice remotely as good. Or a rice cooker like it.

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
Reactions: Cicada

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6