My 8 year old Aroma $20 rice cooker broke

B-Line

Stand Up Philosopher
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
If you don’t have rice sitting on keep warm 24 hours a day what are you even doing with your life?
I’ve been waiting for an appropriate place to ask this.

Let’s say I want to make rice and leave it available…. How long can a pot of rice (in a keep warm) stay good for?

When do you toss it and make a new pot?

I never know how much rice to make because I don’t want to throw away.

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
I’ve been waiting for an appropriate place to ask this.

Let’s say I want to make rice and leave it available…. How long can a pot of rice (in a keep warm) stay good for?

When do you toss it and make a new pot?

I never know how much rice to make because I don’t want to throw away.
I only toss it when the rice dries out, if it gets to that point.

I’ve seriously had my cooker say more than 72 hours and still had good rice in it.

I eat hot rice for breakfast every morning.

Reactions: lowfat

B-Line

Stand Up Philosopher
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I only toss it when the rice dries out, if it gets to that point.

I’ve seriously had my cooker say more than 72 hours and still had good rice in it.

I eat hot rice for breakfast every morning.
No shit. So how much rice do you usually make at a time?

Also, be honest. Do you wash the rice first?

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I need a new one too .... someone used a fork or something to fluff the rice but scratched the shit out of the pan inside instead 🙃

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
No shit. So how much rice do you usually make at a time?

Also, be honest. Do you wash the rice first?
I think my scoop is 1 cup dry, I usually cook 3 cups at a time.

I rinse it, how many times depends on the bag. I don’t typically make the water run clear because I like having a little extra starch in the mix.

Also I only really use Jasmin rice

Reactions: Nikuk

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Even a fancy ass Zojirushi?

EDIT: Found the 5.5 cup for $30 cheaper somewhere else. So ordered it instead.

Mine does.

Looks like it depends on the model line . NS-ZCC10 and 18 both have the same minimum of 1 cup.

I have the induction heating model and the 5.5 cup goes down to a half cup where the 10 cup has a minimum of 1 cup.

If I have some leftover curry I'll usually just make a half cup of rice since I won't usually eat quite a whole cup by myself.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Also I was using a cheap $30 Amazon rice cooker.. is there a benefit to getting one for different rice types? It always cooked my rice no matter the type great.

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
giphy.gif
:confused:

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I think my scoop is 1 cup dry, I usually cook 3 cups at a time.

I rinse it, how many times depends on the bag. I don’t typically make the water run clear because I like having a little extra starch in the mix.

Also I only really use Jasmin rice
Damn, I should stop eating oatmeal and a banana for breakfast and start eating rice with eggs like an Asian before the gym every day

• Haha
Reactions: bearsdidit

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
Last time I was at Chipotle, two people in a row were just there to get sides of rice. I think it was $1.50 or something for a bowl. I had never seen this before. Probably cheaper than an Uncle Ben’s packet and someone did the work for you. Anyone seen this sorcery before?

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco
Last time I was at Chipotle, two people in a row were just there to get sides of rice. I think it was $1.50 or something for a bowl. I had never seen this before. Probably cheaper than an Uncle Ben’s packet and someone did the work for you. Anyone seen this sorcery before?

you'd be surprised the amount of people that never bothered to learn how to cook

I dated a girl who didn't know how to make spaghetti. like she didn't know it was just boiling water. she didn't know what a colander was. corporate people who have work feed them every meal SMH

• Haha
Reactions: Menger

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6