Bay Area, CA
8dae7e2087ef92f647a09158ea244717.jpg

JDM zoujirushi

geoffnotjeff

Yeah, im looking at ya
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2005
Hiding Like a Ninja
I’ve been waiting for an appropriate place to ask this.

Let’s say I want to make rice and leave it available…. How long can a pot of rice (in a keep warm) stay good for?

When do you toss it and make a new pot?

I never know how much rice to make because I don’t want to throw away.

Stays good for 4-5 days, used the same one for 6 years with 0 issues, we have rice 6 days a week available for meals in our house.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
you'd be surprised the amount of people that never bothered to learn how to cook

I dated a girl who didn't know how to make spaghetti. like she didn't know it was just boiling water. she didn't know what a colander was. corporate people who have work feed them every meal SMH
Needing a colander:rofl:

headrec

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2006
Ogden, Utah
I only toss it when the rice dries out, if it gets to that point.

I’ve seriously had my cooker say more than 72 hours and still had good rice in it.

I eat hot rice for breakfast every morning.
What kind of cooker are you using that keeps rice good for so long? Might have to start doing my own meals again. Take out separating into meals is nice but getting spendy with inflation.

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
yeah, we haven't got around to remodeling the kitchen. we canceled the plans to after getting raped by uncle sam on taxes when we bought the house. so it's been on the backburner. 1980's tile it is for now :wtc:
Same. Microwave just ate it and I tried to use the opportunity to push for full kitchen reno. I failed.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
My model isn't meant for glutinous rice. But it did ok, outside was a bit crispy. But no burning. And the bowl was still easy to clean.

Will try other rices in the next couple days. Will do brown jasmine tomorrow.

Hopefully I can figure out this timer shit. As I sure af can't figure out how to keep the damn rice warm after it finishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6