My brother's ex-wife just bought him a house in the Bay Area

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
They lived on opposite sides of the SF Bay, and it was getting too tedious to transport the kids in between. Her business just got bought out by a tech giant, and he couldn't afford a 7-figure house, so she got him one so the kids would be closer.

1082.gif

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Hers. She'll lease it to him at the same price for the (rent-controlled) place he's in now, which is maybe 30-40% of current rates, until their youngest graduates high school. Plus he won't need a roommate anymore.
:omg: what an awesome human

TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Incredibly generous of her. Time is money and she sounds abundantly successful. How does he feel about it?
hard to say. I really liked her and never wanted them to get divorced, but it happened. He didn't like me asking about her as much as I used to, and got weird about it, so I don't even say her name unless he mentions it.

Reactions: Cicada

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
My cousin did the same thing when he split with his wife. Bought her a house in the same neighborhood as his in San Mateo.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026