SRS My Ex is remarring...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mare, Dec 19, 2006.

1. mare

mare New Member

Okay I'm not sure but new here...I'm getting the impression there is quite a younger crowd here than myself at 44 but any comments on this is greatly appreciated...

I was married 16 years...seperated 3 before finally divorcing & 18 months after the divorce is finalized my ex is remarrying this New Year's Eve with all the bells & whistles!!!

Fiance' is the woman I thought all along he had feelings for & had been mutual...he idn't admit to dating her until Feb & got engaged in Aug.

I'm having a really hard time with this...I thought I was over him...I've been dating & going out with girlfriends & generally having fun but the fact that this woman is who he chooses & she will be my daughters' stepmom as well as sharing their dad with her 3 daughters is making me sick literally I could barf...I hate her...I hate him...I hate that this is happening....

Has anyone been thru this...how'd you do it???

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My first long-term gf (of 3.5 years) just got married a few months ago. It felt weird because, even tho I was the one who ended it with her, I still miss her sometimes and I still have feelings for her. She never did anything to hurt me, so my feelings for her are more like I legitimately hope she ends up happy.

I suppose that's not the same as your situation, tho.

3. mare

mare New Member

Well, we are on good terms becuz of my girls...& he has said he'd always care for me & wants me happy but he didn't want to reconcile & after divorcing "felt lonely"...I'd understand "undying love..or finding his soulmate" but lonely...HELL I'm fucking lonely too!!

sorry..thx for your conmments!!