ART My images from UFC 126 - Sports Photos

Mannaze

Oct 22, 2006
San Diego,CARIFORNIA
Hey guys, I already posted this in the cage, but for those that want a slice of the action. Check it out.

Shot UFC 126 for Heavy.com - Thought you would enjoy the pics from the exciting main event. Photos by James Law for Heavy.com

20UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

19UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

18UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

17UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

16UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

15UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

14UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

13UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

12UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

11UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

10UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

9UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

8UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

7UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

6UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

5UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

4UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

3UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

2UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

1UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

UFC126SilvaVs.jpg

TS
TS
Mannaze

Mannaze

Oct 22, 2006
San Diego,CARIFORNIA
Full body, some of the photos only show half of what the fighters are actually doing. From my understanding, UFC is all about full body contact and usage.

For me, its about catching the action and telling a story. My take on selection and decision to shoot wider (i think thats what you mean) is when the action permits it, I wont just shoot wide, arbitrarily.

But, I am open to new styles and perspectives.

havelegs

May 16, 2009
Austin TX
For me, its about catching the action and telling a story. My take on selection and decision to shoot wider (i think thats what you mean) is when the action permits it, I wont just shoot wide, arbitrarily.

But, I am open to new styles and perspectives.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. They're good shots, I always tend to shoot wide so I can capture the entire scene in the frame so it gives you a feeling of being there.

grphx

Jul 2, 2010
Oklahoma
How did you get around or deal with shooting through the cage? Your stuff looks awesome. ISO setting and shutter speed on the typical shot?

grphx

Jul 2, 2010
Oklahoma
Can you post up a larger(wallpaper) version of the kick from Silva? I want to have a new wallpaper at work tomorrow

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Sick shots! #2 with just a little more headroom and fingers not cutoff would be epicness...but still is.

TS
TS
Mannaze

Mannaze

Oct 22, 2006
San Diego,CARIFORNIA
How did you get around or deal with shooting through the cage? Your stuff looks awesome. ISO setting and shutter speed on the typical shot?

Everyone has to shoot through it and most ppl have their own strategy. I have been using a new technique and have set my camera to servo focus mode, and can toggle it on and off using a custom button arrangement.

3200ISO, 3130K WB, 1/800 sec - Titanium warp coils powering my systemz.

Pikel

May 25, 2003
PNW
Do you crop them? Some of them seem tight, but it works pretty well. Also a few are just barely soft, but they move around a ton and it must be hard.

Those are my only real gripes at all. Everything else is great, especially the lighting.

s14brent

Apr 29, 2009
las vegas
crops are good, most MMA or boxing photos are tight minus remote cams. even if you shot wide, you'd crop what you're going to submit.

I really want to shoot this stuff one day....

TS
TS
Mannaze

Mannaze

Oct 22, 2006
San Diego,CARIFORNIA
Do you crop them? Some of them seem tight, but it works pretty well. Also a few are just barely soft, but they move around a ton and it must be hard.

Those are my only real gripes at all. Everything else is great, especially the lighting.

Cropping is a must and they do move around, all over the cage in fact. Cropping this way is the best way for me to highlight the important aspects of the fight, being emotion, action and reaction. I'm always trying to pick up new tricks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor