CAR My morning in pics. V. Lifted Trailblazer

Radicus

Jul 5, 2005
Free State
Back story.. Picked up a lowered Trailblazer from my mother in law and promptly ordered a lift kit + new front shocks. Sold my 95' Rodeo to a coworker with part trade to help me lift the Trailblazer.

Lift kit and new shocks.
IMG_2186Medium.jpg

Met up with my buddy this morning to install everything. This is his body lifted/lifted rodeo behind my old rodeo.
IMG_2216Medium.jpg

Got right to work in the front. Front strut assembled with the lowering spring.
IMG_2217Medium.jpg

IMG_2218Medium.jpg

Coil spring compressors are fucking scary. :noes:
IMG_2219Medium.jpg

OEM spring, new shock and lift spacers installed. The first one took about 2 hours and the other side took about 30 minutes. :o
IMG_2223Medium.jpg

Front done and the rear still lowered :rofl:
IMG_2224Medium.jpg

Lifting the rear was easy, just a matter of disconnecting the shock and dropping the axle with a pry-bar.
IMG_2226Medium.jpg

The other side was a little harder, but my buddy got creative.
IMG_2227Medium.jpg

Also decided to hack the resonator off since he had the tools.
IMG_2228Medium.jpg

IMG_2229Medium.jpg

Then he decided to weld the resonator tip back onto the pipe cause he's a bauce like that. :bowdown:
IMG_2232Medium.jpg

Tip welded on.
IMG_2233Medium.jpg

Before pic.
IMG_2073Medium.jpg

Now.:bowdown:
IMG_2235Medium.jpg

IMG_2236Medium.jpg

IMG_2237Medium.jpg

Front strut again + spacer.
IMG_2238Medium.jpg

Took about 4 hours altogether. :eek3: I sold him the Rodeo for $900... Considering he helped me with hundreds of dollars worth of labor I'd say that's a pretty good deal. :bigthumb:

Looks silly with the small tires on there. 32's will be on shortly.

Brian May

Sep 22, 2002
Easton, Pa
are any of those rodeo's a 5 speed? im looking for a beater SUV and wanted to know if they were nimble at all. my mom had a 95 rodeo with the auto and it was sluggish

IG513

Formerly Anima
Oct 13, 2006
Cincinnati
Needs bigger tires; looks goofy lifted with those size tires. If you weren't going to put bigger tires on it should have put it back at stock height instead of lifting it. I will say it does look better than when it was lowered though. Lowering an suv is just flat out retarded imo.

TS
TS
Radicus

Radicus

Jul 5, 2005
Free State
Needs bigger tires; looks goofy lifted with those size tires. If you weren't going to put bigger tires on it should have put it back at stock height instead of lifting it.

Can you read? Tires are up next... Lift before tires. :hsugh:

IG513

Formerly Anima
Oct 13, 2006
Cincinnati
Can you read? Tires are up next... Lift before tires. :hsugh:
Yeah, I'm retarded and didn't see where you had mentioned you had tires already; caught me before my edit. :o I'm aware of the lift before tires thing however you should've waited until you were completely done before taking pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan